SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wife picked her first CCW pistol a P365 and guess what ? The dead trigger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife picked her first CCW pistol a P365 and guess what ? The dead trigger Login/Join 
Picture of King of Useless Knowledge
posted
Yep, brand new P365 made in march of this year. We picked it up 3 weeks ago and the first range session 5 freaking rounds into it with 115 grain FMJ and the trigger breaks on it. Her first CCW weapon after I explained to her why I owned a pile of Sigs. I thought they had the P365 issues hammered out by now. So monday I test the Sig customer service I guess

Posts: 38 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: May 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I’m sorry it happened. However it pans out, I hope she ends up with a carry pistol she feels she can rely on.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Not good. Did you strip it down to see where the break occurred or is it the actual trigger that broke? I just bought a 365 (also made in March 2021) and 365x, no issues with the 365 and I haven’t shot the X. Good luck.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
Not good. Did you strip it down to see where the break occurred or is it the actual trigger that broke? I just bought a 365 (also made in March 2021) and 365x, no issues with the 365 and I haven’t shot the X. Good luck.

As did I , disliked the stock trigger & swapped it out for Sigs flat trigger that comes stock on the 365X.
All gtg but only have 400rds thru each so far.
Hope it works out, no way I could not tear it apart & find out what broke. I’m just too nosey.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
5 rounds and it broke?
After reading Grumpybiker’s post- I remembered that the takedown lever “holds” the 365 FCU in place. Was the takedown lever manipulated prior to the malfunction? If the takedown lever is pushed out 1-2 mm, the FCU does not engage properly.

Posts: 2302 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear.
As irritating as that is, try to hang in there.
I had a fairly early 365, whose RTB issues died off after 100 rounds. But when I used it with a 365 xl upper, they recurred and wouldn't go away. Sent it back to Sig, they swapped out FCU's (and more), and it has been flawless for over 1200 rounds since.
So much so, I've bought three more, zero issues after a couple thousand rounds (in fact better reliability and accuracy than my G43's and G48's).
I like to shoot Glocks more, but the 365 has solidly, if sadly, replaced them for EDC and even bedside roles.
Sig will make it work.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man I’d be pissed. Sig really isn’t what it used to be.. just more reason for me to stick to my G43

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d be interested to see what Sig says when you get it back. I just bought a 365XL that also has a March 2021 born date. I’ve put over 400 rounds through it with no problems so far.

I did get to test Sig customer service, bought a Holosun 507K to put on it and the plate screws immediately stripped out even after heating. Sent it in, they received it at the factory on a Friday and had it back at my house the next Friday. Love it even more with the RDS.

Posts: 65 | Location: NC | Registered: September 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that your wife has experienced this. I hope SIG CS gets it straightened out quickly.

I have had no issues with my P365 and carry it daily during the summer months.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Updates, talked to Sig and 11 minutes in the phone I have an RMA and the gun goes back. Pretty harmless so far. The trigger wont even reset when you cycle the action it feels like something in the FCU is seized or snapped but it's not flopping or rattling around. I guess this is why they make lifetime warranties. I will report back what Sig says.

Posts: 38 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: May 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that sucks. I just got a P365 SAS for my birthday and it has been absolutely flawless.

Did you take it down to grease it before shooting?

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
When this was happening in the early P365 days, wasn't this attributed to something like a broken trigger return spring, or some such? It's probably something a trained armorer could fix in five minutes. Too bad:

1) It happened in the first place. Maybe SIG, and /or their subs, QA still needs some work.

2) It'll take a couple weeks of transport and queuing to get it in front of someone who'll take the aforementioned five minutes to fix it.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

2) It'll take a couple weeks of transport and queuing to get it in front of someone who'll take the aforementioned five minutes to fix it.

Not necessarily.

My front night sight went dead on a relatively new 365 and I sent it back to them in early June. This was for a January build date pistol. They turned it around and shipped it out the same day they got it, and I had it back in hand in a week.

Hopefully they will do the same for the one in question.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Why are people quick to be so damn negative?

1,000,000 P365's produced in 18 months according to Sig.

Even if QC caught 99% of mistakes, which I am not in the business but I would think that's a respectable number, there are still 10K that got by. I'm sure they had less than 10K of their P365's returned for lack of QC reasons but good grief guys.

ow many guns are being sold now days. I can bet my paycheck non of yall's asses is perfect either.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Otto, I only see one post that could possibly be as negative as you claim, and it isn’t even that bad. If anything, I see a lot of positivity. You ok over there?

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Otto, I only see one post that could possibly be as negative as you claim, and it isn’t even that bad. You ok over there?

Yeah I'm good, I counted two.

I actually just came back to edit that post as most were not negative.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Man I’d be pissed. Sig really isn’t what it used to be.. just more reason for me to stick to my G43

they are the 4th largest gun manufacturer in the US. And I wouldn't choose a handgun from S&W, Remington, or Ruger before them. So they are more than they used to be!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Why are people quick to be so damn negative?

I'll respond for myself, first off because I have worked my ass off to get my wife comfortable enough too want to shoot regularly, then she chose the right to CCW and picked her own pistol. Huge for her or any new gun owner and it crapped out after a few rounds. Ive been around mechanical things all my life and Im well aware of the engineering process and QC, its sorta what I do. I also love and trust all my Sigs, but this is the worst possible time for one to crap out. Thats why I'm highly annoyed about it enough to post

Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I had a brand new S&W Shield Plus that became a paperweight and seized up 5 rounds into a range session (145 rounds on the gun total) turned out the striker spring broke and the striker was jammed in the slide. Anything man made can break.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update Part 2.
Pistol arrived at Sig yesterday at 12:30 Eastern Time, according to FedEx. Then last night at 830 PM my time my phone dings and I have a FedEx return tracking number and the pistol will be here tomorrow. That it insanely fast turn around. I am curious as to what they say was the issue. Will post up what the report from Sig says.