SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shot the Macro, still undecided
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot the Macro, still undecided Login/Join 
posted
Range got a rental 365macro so I gave it a go.
Grip/frame felt great. Med backstrap. Have wilson modules on all my other 365 guns, but didn't feel I needed it with the full grip frame.

Really didn't feel that the slide/comp did anything at all. Still felt snappy.

Think I'd prefer the gun with a full 3.7 barrel of the XL instead of the 3.1 with comp.

Pricey at 850.

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around here they are 799.99 all day. I have one. I think it is a great gun. I just bought some of the 17 round mags. The mags come with 3 baseplates so you can use them with any of the grip modules. Knowing that, I might have not bought the Macro because a WC 365X grip module with the 17 round sleeved mag does almost everything I need. Disclaimer, the Macro is a good deal and I am glad I bought it. Where I am an idiot is buying the Spectre Comp. That was an extra 300+ bones for nothing. I should have waited for the Macro and parted it out.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really on the fence. If I hadn't started carrying my XL in place of my P365 like a week before the Macro was introduced I might be quicker to adopt. I've never been a fan of compensators, but after watching videos of the Macro being shot it seems to be a really flat shooter, changes in grip technique and strength notwithstanding.

I handled one and it felt great, more filling than the 365 and less girthy than the GLOCK 19.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy the 80 dollar grip module, as many 60 dollar mags as you like, and put the XL slide on your old fcu. The comp is nice, I notice a difference but you can "make" a Macro on the cheap.

I suspect that Sig killed the market for the Spectre Comp and by selling the 17 round mags with all the baseplates they will hurt their own Macro sales.

All that being said, I really like my Macro. 18 rounds, comped, and conceals very well. Much better than my 2 rounds shorter Glock 19. Blasphemy I know. lol

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sold out of the macro modules.
60. for a mag, yikes!

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was really considering the Macro to replace the Glock 19 carry gun, but came across the deal on an XL that was too good to pass up.

Havnt fired the macro yet, but have fired a spectre comp and I do notice that the comp does something.

Two negatives however: there is definitely a little bit more flash in low light and the slide gets pretty warm faster with that integral comp.

This makes a training session drawing and reholstering from appendix carry a little bit more fun as things warm up a bit faster than usual haha.

Posts: 12 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ffhounddog
posted Hide Post
I was In the cop shop asking about my Macro and they had 3 mags so I bought them. Debating on maybe just getting another XL since I cannot find a non safety XL at any of the cop shops.

Posts: 311 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you just get the MS version and remove the parts and sell them? It was a very easy install for the MS so I figure it can't be a tough un-install.

posted Hide Post
Guy on gunbroker had a complete lower assembly for the macro, minus the slide. FCU, 2 mags, original box.
I grabbed it. Will put my XL slide on it without having to move the fcu.

posted Hide Post
There are a couple of local dealers bringing in the Macro to WA with modified magazines to limit capacity. I had to check it out and sure enough the mags were indeed modified. Hmm...maybe I oughta buy one myself...

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received my Macro mags from Sig. I put the X baseplate on and it is very nice. It compares favorably (smaller basically) to the 15 rounder. It stacks identical height to the Macro itself. Ie, with an X grip module and a 17 rounder with the correct baseplate you basically have a Macro sized grip module minus the pic rail. Which I hate because it still is tiny and it won't fit in any of my normal 365 mags without mods.

If you are on the fence, just buy the mags you basically end up with a non comped Macro which is what lots of people want anyway.

posted Hide Post
Macro frame and fcu came today. Magazines are tough to load.
Put my XL upper on it. Like the feel and balance. Put it on top of a 19. About the same dimensions but much slimmer.
365xl holsters will not fit due to new rail design.
Might be a winner after all.
Will shoot it tomorrow.

Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I’m anxious to hear how you like it. I had an XL and now have a Macro. I like the Macro grip, it just slightly bigger and I put the large back strap on also. I found the P365 and XL grips a little small in circumference.

I think the XL slide on the Macro grip may be the ideal, but I’m not ready to splurge on a new slide/barrel just yet.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm all in. 300 rounds with no issues. The XL slide seemed to fit tighter on the macro frame/fcu. Not as much play as my other 365's.
It showed in the groups. Several one holers with 115 fmj. Very consistent. Much better, flatter, no snap with the full 3.7 XL upper on it than when I shot the macro comp gun. Only 1/2 inch more but I felt it.

At first thought, I was why make a subcompact bigger?

Might not be the nitch for it. Another big thing is I shot 300rds. Never did that with the other 365's I have.

When I got home, I sold my glock 48 mos gun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mike56,

Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
That's great mike. I had been missing my XCarry when I picked up the X Macro. I've got about over 500 rounds through the Macro, and I'm thinking it's the "no compromise' carry gun.
Capacity of a XCarry and smaller overall than a X Compact or G19, With the XL slide, more barrel length than the XCompact. A real nice in-between.

I think I've convinced myself to get a XL slide/barrel for it.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one. Two magazines with it and a month ago couldn’t find extra magazines. Put a holosun on it and put it on my xl frame due to holster selection and maybe a slight difference, maybe.

Once the new holster come I can re assess about the gun for carry but I like it. Not my favorite p365 right now but it’s up there. And I have a p365, p365sas, p365xl, now the macro and I just ordered the P365X slide and a Wilson GM.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot one this weekend, I LIKE it A LOT.

As mike56 pointed out, its a tad smaller than a g19 but, MUCH slimmer, I could nearly wrap my fingers all the way around it. It's thinness reminded me of a P238 size frame, obviously different operating system but, the overall girth and width were very suitable for concealment.

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I traded a couple guns in that I haven't touched in quite some time and one of the new pistols I got was the 365 Macro. I shot it and liked it so much, I picked up a 365 today. I retire in a couple months and my plan is to get a Court Bailiff job (you can carry your own pistol, they supply 9mm for duty and qualifications), so I will probably carry the Macro in OWB holster with one reload magazine and the 365 in an ankle holster.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3932 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I too gave the Macro a whirl.

Shot it side by side with my XLs and then swapped slides and grips around, comparing them. Even videoed it so I could compare objectively the recoil mitigation from the comped slide.

My takeaways were that the comp slide DOES work and the Macro grip shoots very well and felt that the video confirmed it.

I’m not going to buy several Macro comped slides but have bought a few Macro grips to match up with my XL slides.

I’m waiting on holsters now but this may very well replace my Glock 19 in most roles and my XLs in others.

One platform, across the board.

All in all, I’m pleased with the Macro and the flexibility/versatility that the 365 series has is outstanding!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ffhounddog
posted Hide Post
I have Two macros on order and a XL with a macro slide and a P365. I’m actually thinking of getting another p365xl. Just wish the cop shop had P365xl did not have the manual safety.

Posts: 311 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post