SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    date of manufacture
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

date of manufacture Login/Join 
posted
New here to the forum, and I was wondering if someone could date a P229 9MM for me. Serial number is 55E00XXXX before I buy it. If it's not possible I will call Sig on monday, the pistol is in pristine condition, like new gun quality and the price is right, but the original box is missing...Thanks in advanced.

Posts: 2 | Location: Washington State | Registered: March 22, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
55E00XXXX

The exact date is impossible w/o the original labeled case or direct info from SIG, but that serial would be closest to year 2018.

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply, I'll reach out to Sig just out get as much info as I can. I will buy it though, it looks brand new and for $500 and it's wrong I'll send it to Sig... Thanks again.

Posts: 2 | Location: Washington State | Registered: March 22, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Is there a proof-mark letter code on the barrel?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ This is a US made P229. Unless it made its way to Germany then back, it won't have any proof marks / date code.

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
nitestalker i have posted a link to A thread here on the forum. It always has been helpful info for me
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/1810019194

This message has been edited. Last edited by: IndianaMike,

Posts: 1604 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post