SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What other factors besides the trigger could cause trigger sting ? Glock 22
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What other factors besides the trigger could cause trigger sting ? Glock 22 Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Purchased a used Glock 22 sometime back.
When I first shot it, the factory trigger was giving me harsh trigger sting.

Following the advice I received earlier here in Sig Forum, I installed a Johnny Glock trigger. However, I still got trigger sting, but not as severe.

So, decided to install a Vickers Tactical flat trigger. Well, I tested the Glock out today for function after the Vickers install, and there is still enough trigger sting to notice, especially in slow fire.

Could something else be causing trigger sting ? Connector? I don't want to keep buying triggers, but wondering if an alloy trigger would help.

I've owned other Glock pistols, this is the first one ever giving trigger sting.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's because of that "snappy" .40 caliber on a lightweight poly frame gun?

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bdavis
posted Hide Post
So why are you getting sting? Where in the process?

Is the trigger pushing forward as the slide returns to battery?
Do you have to relax your finger to reset the trigger and then squeeze for the next shot?

How is this trigger reacting differently from your other Glock pistols?

Good luck

Posts: 4128 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 12131:
Maybe it's because of that "snappy" .40 caliber on a lightweight poly frame gun?[/QUOTE

I have both a 357 Sig and 9mm conversion barrel, and it happens in all 3 calibers.

It's not something that would hinder me if in a self defense situation. Just annoying when trying to recover from a shot string.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdavis:
So why are you getting sting? Where in the process?

Is the trigger pushing forward as the slide returns to battery?
Do you have to relax your finger to reset the trigger and then squeeze for the next shot?

How is this trigger reacting differently from your other Glock pistols?

The sting happens at the break.

美しい犬

Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Did it do this with the stock parts in it? Does it have an improperly fitted Ghost trigger bar in it?

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thinks its pretty common in Glock .40s. My G23 was quite a stinger before I put a Polytac trigger in it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15991 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because... .40 Big Grin

Posts: 378 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
Because... .40 Big Grin

As in my previous post
have both a 357 Sig and 9mm conversion barrel, and it happens in all 3 calibers.

It's not something that would hinder me if in a self defense situation. Just annoying when trying to recover from a shot string

美しい犬

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Maybe it's because of that "snappy" .40 caliber on a lightweight poly frame gun?

I have both a 357 Sig and 9mm conversion barrel, and it happens in all 3 calibers.

It's not something that would hinder me if in a self defense situation. Just annoying when trying to recover from a shot string.

quote:
I've owned other Glock pistols, this is the first one ever giving trigger sting.

What other Glock pistols? Did you ever own a G17?

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

A G19, G23, G26, G31, another G22, G27

美しい犬

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Are you just buying new trigger shoes, or the whole trigger bar assembly? I feel it's the over travel that is at play.

If you have multiple Glocks that share parts, try swapping out different of the same trigger bar, striker, and connector combos, They can have slight different trigger break feel, even though all the parts are technically the same, they have slight nuances due to being mass produced stamped metal parts.
Johnny Glocks does this when he starts a trigger build for a gun that he has in his hands.

One combo can have more of an abrupt snap at the break, while some are a softer rolling break feel.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

A G19, G23, G26, G31, another G22, G27

So, do you have the same problem with this other G22, too? If yes, then I'd say, something about the full size Glock that doesn't agree with you, because all other Glocks you have are compact/subcompact. If no, then it just makes no sense.

Q

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I had a Gen. 1 G22. Trying to recall if I ever experienced trigger slap with it? It kinda sorta sticks in my mind maybe I occasionally did, but, if so, it was certainly never consistent enough or serious enough for me to recall it being a problem.

(I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that pistol, thus "had.")

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25997 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Are you just buying new trigger shoes, or the whole trigger bar assembly? I feel it's the over travel that is at play.

If you have multiple Glocks that share parts, try swapping out different of the same trigger bar, striker, and connector combos, They can have slight different trigger break feel, even though all the parts are technically the same, they have slight nuances due to being mass produced stamped metal parts.
Johnny Glocks does this when he starts a trigger build for a gun that he has in his hands.

One combo can have more of an abrupt snap at the break, while some are a softer rolling break feel.

I've just been replacing trigger shoes, perhaps I should replace the trigger bar as you suggested. This is the first Glock I've ever had that's given me this problem.

I've had other guns, mostly striker fired, such as the Ruger LCP II and Max that gave me trigger sting, this is the first large striker fired one that does.

I currently only have one Glock now, the one being discussed.

美しい犬

posted Hide Post
Have you tried using a new recoil spring assembly? Not sure how used your pistol may be.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could something else be causing trigger sting ?

Big Grin

Posts: 32412 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I had a Gen. 1 G22.

A minor niggle, but I was a Gen 2, not 1. There were no Gen 1 .40’s.

Posts: 17046 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never had that issue.

oh wait, I shoot SIG's Wink

Serious note though...what are the GLOCK FORUMS and Gunsmiths saying on the other sites that would push you to ask Sig guys? Either has to be design flaw.....aftermarket part induced.....or something in shot sequence. I maybe am not understanding the problem...when I hear STING I think the trigger is slapping pad of your finger or recoil is causing bottom of frame where trigger exits to pinch you. If trigger slapping back...does it do it if you maintain the press and only release to reset trigger after shot complete?

Posts: 64 | Registered: July 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
When you replaced the triggers, did you replace the springs also?

Everything I’m seeing from my searching is that trigger mods cause it this. I’ve owned a number of Glocks in both 9mm and .40 and never experienced this. Snappy recoil in a .40, yes, but never trigger slap.

Are you entirely sure the trigger that it came with was factory and unmolested? The recommendations I’m seeing, and agree with, is put factory everything back in there and see where you end up. Like as not, it’ll solve your problem.

Stolen from another forum:
quote:
A few things can cause trigger slap on a Glock that I know of off the top of my head, and all are caused by the addition of aftermarket parts.

The connector may not be properly cut to limit rearward trigger travel to a full stop by preventing just enough rear travel for the trigger bar to come down a bit, and this allows the slide to hit the trigger bar on it's return.

Aftermarket trigger bars could have a high spot on the depressor tab, causing it to jump forward as the slide returns to battery.

Then the blade safety may not be small enough to fit flush with the trigger face and can cause you to be more sensitive here under recoil, as can coming off the trigger too soon. Not exactly trigger slap, but a common problem again with some aftermarket parts.

Posts: 17046 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post