SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ owners check IN
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ owners check IN Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting CZ's for the last year or so and find them to be great pistols. A CZ97 in 45 ACP worked over by Cajun Gun Works is the 45 I like to shoot the most. The CZ97 is so good the 1911s and 220s have been retired to the safe. And, the TS2 has retired my 226.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
I have been shooting CZ's for the last year or so and find them to be great pistols. A CZ97 in 45 ACP worked over by Cajun Gun Works is the 45 I like to shoot the most. The CZ97 is so good the 1911s and 220s have been retired to the safe. And, the TS2 has retired my 226.

I agree about the 97, it's the only 45 I'll shoot anymore, mine went through Cajun Gun Works too. Did you have the barrel bushing work done also ?

Posts: 921 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the life of me, I'm puzzled by the decision to ax the CZ 97. Everyone seems to only have positive things to say about this model.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
For the life of me, I'm puzzled by the decision to ax the CZ 97. Everyone seems to only have positive things to say about this model.

David Milam, owner/founder of Cajun Gun Works, told me the 97 was his favorite pistol to work on. He did my 75BD and PCR before I sent him the 97 so I knew he was good. I never shot the 97 stock, as soon as I bought it new it was off to David for the 10 week wait and worth every bit. Not inexpensive but very good work.

Posts: 921 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Damn, I just realized I have more CZ’s than I thought. Eek

Rami
P-10c
P-10F
P-09
Scorpion sbr
CZ 457 Pro Varmint

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoboV
posted Hide Post
CZ75B owner here.

I bought it quite a few years ago for less than $400. I was also considering a Ruger P89 at the time.

As far as accuracy goes I've had the best results with this pistol just ahead of the Walther P99 and Beretta 92FS Centurion.

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"

Posts: 620 | Location: Destrehan, La. U.S. | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I bought my first yesterday and will be trying it out next weekend.

The quality of this thing is superb.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use oil on the slides of mine. I have 2 cz 75's. A factory SA, and a satin stainless I had cz custom convert to SAO and do their magic on the entire gun (it is an amazing gun). The CZ 97 is a great gun, but man is it a big gun.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ-75B Omega Convertible, a CZ-75 P-01 Omega, and a CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical. They are all excellent guns. I will very likely acquire additional CZ’s in the future.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes on the bushing for the CZ97

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Well finally bit the bullet and ordered a Shadow 2 Orange.
Had a hard time (very) in deciding on what to get.
Was going to get the TS2 Blue (SAO) and really wanted a Shadow OR but none around.
Kind of excited and this will be my first CZ.
Should be a shooter!

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Shadow 2 Orange is a great gun if you want a double action pistol. However the TS2 Green is spectacular in single action design.

Hope you enjoy your choice.

posted Hide Post
I have several all steel pistols including CZ and use Lucas Marine grease on all the rails and the exterior of the barrel. Ballistol on other parts and the interior of the barrel.

https://lucasoil.com/products/grease/marine-grease

https://ballistol.com/

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
The Shadow 2 Orange is a great gun if you want a double action pistol. However the TS2 Green is spectacular in single action design.

Hope you enjoy your choice.

DA/SA vs SAO is not a big deal.
Yes the TS2 Green is a nice one but they quit making it as I understand.
Doesn't mean I won't get a TS2 at some point - I am sure I will. Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently bought a CZ Blue Shadow 2 SA. Have to say the trigger is excellent. And very accurate.

Sig P226 W German
Sig P220 W German
Sig P228 W German

Posts: 121 | Location: Pennsylvania  | Registered: November 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a beautiful pair of CZ 75 Custom Compact L models. I may have to part with them soon, as my hands are almost too arthritic to rack the slides. I keep them next to a pair of Beretta 87s because the finish and wood match.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some years ago I bought a CZ 1945 in .25acp. This was years before Hornady and others came out with .25acp ammo with real power.

I think I paid $50 bucks for the little guy and since then I've seen a few at gun shows fetching close to $500 bucks. I sold mine to a collector for around $100.

I'm told that Seecamp copied most of the CZ 1945 design.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I use the red Shooters Tech grease. The grease makes a mess but lubes really well.

Looking at the CZ homepage, it seems that CZ transitioned to the higher end models. A shame as I really wanted an 85 Duo Tone at one time.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3 CZ shotguns, do those count. One is a 12 gauge Sharp Tail Target SxS, two is a 20 gauge Redhead Premier, and three is a 12 gauge model 712 Semi. I find that all 3 are quality shotguns and the SxS and O/U both feature rather pretty wood. The wood in the semi is pretty plain but by intent it's a Duck gun and built to take a beating and come back for more.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used both oil and grease and a combo of both in the past .... I really can't tell a difference. I can tell you that I recently received my P210 back from SigArmorer and it has grease on it. Apparently good enough for him! Big Grin

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post