SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Single Stack Pistols
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Single Stack Pistols Login/Join 
Finding the
sweet spot
posted Hide Post
Im a big fan of single stacks. My 220 is one of the most accurate guns I own, and I love my 225. Unfortunately, the magazine base plates on the 225 tend to ruin my shirts so I don’t carry it much. My most carried guns are the Walther PPS Classic, and if I feel like I need a double stack, it’ll be one of my Walther P99’s.
Sean

------------------------------------------
Just because you can, doesn't mean
you should.

Posts: 963 | Location: KCMO | Registered: September 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tonelar
posted Hide Post
Sevo, have you tried the aluminum base plates for your P225?

My P210A is a thick single stack.

My fave single stack Sigs are my P220, P6 and P238.

quote:
RIPbiker13:
...even a .22 in your pocket is better than a .45 in your truck.

Posts: 702 | Location: El Paso, TEXAS | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I was reading this thinking "most of my semi autos are single stacks." Then when I counted them out, the break down is really like 65/35 (percent) single to double. The reason it seemed like they're all single stacks is because I never shoot the doubles. Three of them I forgot I had. One I've shot once, ever. Another I've never shot. I don't know they really even count. lol That tells ya somethin'.

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Three of them I forgot I had.

Big Grin

I tried to carry a Glock G27. Never again. That thing was a brick.

Roger

Posts: 13 | Registered: November 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the single stacks, especially the P225, P239, and the kahr K9. They all carry well and I shoot them way better than a double stack pistol.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
My single stacks-
Sig P220
Sig P6
HK P7
Sig P210
S&W 39-2
Glock 43
Glock 36
Kahr P9
Kahr CW380
Kahr CM9

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
PPS classic and 1911 for me.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As for single stack has to be the Sig P-225/P6 and the Star BM, both former police issue with long history of outstanding service. Perfect for EDC.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Single stacks I own
P239 in357
p239 in 9mm x 2
S&W 3913 Ladysmith that I'm considering selling.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Smith & Wesson 3913.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Double tap.

Tony

Posts: 315 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonydec:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sevo1967:
Im a big fan of single stacks. My 220 is one of the most accurate guns I own, and I love my 225. Unfortunately, the magazine base plates on the 225 tend to ruin my shirts so I don’t carry it much.
Sean

Something about those Sig's. I carried a P220, P226 and P229. Not only wore holes in my shirts, but also my suit jacket liners. Even ate the liner in a leather bomber jacket I had. Was getting real expensive, ended up having tailors sew extra layer onto the liners.

My 1911's never did that, but I didn't carry those with suits as much as I did the Sig's. The 1911's never ate my liners on casual jackets though like the Sig's did, nor my wool uniform shirts.

Tony

Posts: 315 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

My P90 .45 acp

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Finding the
sweet spot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tonelar:
Sevo, have you tried the aluminum base plates for your P225?

No, I haven’t. I didn’t know they were an option. Thank you for the tip!
Sean

------------------------------------------
Just because you can, doesn't mean
you should.

Posts: 963 | Location: KCMO | Registered: September 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
1911 and P220 for me.

Here was my first 1911. I purchased it used at the Madeira gun Shop in 1976, I was 15 years old. The Owner of the shop (family friend) told me to have my Dad come down that night to fill out the paperwork. I rode home on my Yellow Schwinn Varsity 10 speed bike, with the colt wrapped in a paper bag.

Here is the work that was done.

My first P220. Early 1990's

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a Sig P239 in .357 sig every day at work in an IWB VM II. Great handgun.

Posts: 11 | Location: Flushing, Mi | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The single stacks feel great in my smallish hands.

Bersa Thunder
Remington R51 - fun to shoot but a bear to clean and ? reliability
M&P 9EZ and 380EZ
Shield 45 - the favorite of the bunch

No single stacks in the heard - yet

Posts: 14 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: October 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Single-stacks do feel better in my hands. I have a few double-stacks [226, Taurus P99, S&W M&P 9C, BHP], but the vast majority I have are single stack.

1911 is the obvious go to, yet- if you like history there are so many other interesting options- like most European handguns before 1970, or so.

Personally, I find the CZ24 handguns weirdly satisfying in my hand, but also like the feel of the Star Model B handgun [I know- Spanish rif on 1911].

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK P7
Sig P220
Sig P239
Beretta 92 Type M
S&W 3913
And my current back up/off duty... Beretta APX carry. Fits very well in the hand. Is very accurate and very reliable. I am not a striker fire guy but, it has a very decent trigger for a striker fire.

Posts: 4063 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my G-43X, with the Shield mags I have G-19 capability. I also have an LCP and CM9, both fit in my front pocket.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post