SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Single Stack Pistols
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Single Stack Pistols Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What? No P210? Cool

Q

Posts: 26419 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
What? No P210? Cool

You beat me to it. Scanning thru Pg 1 and not seeing the venerable P210 listed even once...a bit of a surprise considering the backdrop of this forum. But the P220 and P225 are great choices in their own right. Just not to the same level as the P210, at least for me.

-MG

Posts: 1997 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Single stacks for me: 1911, 220, 239, 225 and G48.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16099 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
For me it is the P239... but then I put a fat grip on them. Only pistol that actually feels better in my hand is the P230 with the same type grip.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget about the old S&W 39-2.

Posts: 12696 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For single stack, the P239 was a daily carry for me.

I'm very partial to the 1911, though some of my favorite 1911 style pistols have been double stack. I do like the government size 1911, and for personal concealed carry, the CCO pattern pistol (officer size frame, commander size slide) is my personal choice.

The P220 is an outstanding single stack, and the HK P7 is too.

I've been quite plesed with the G43 as a daily pocket carry, and with the G43X and G48.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freq Geek:
What are your favorite single stack pistols?

I also have single stack hands. My all time favorite is my SIG P220-10mm SAO.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10788 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
1911, P225, and I have to mention the S&W 908 - all have worked well for me.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post

I have an irrational fondness for the PPK. Not the most practical gun, but I just find them neat.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Don't forget about the old S&W 39-2.

The S&W 39 is one of the most overlooked pistols in the domestic evolution of the modern fighting handgun. In post WW II United States, when most defensive handguns were revolvers and serious semi-autos were generally 1911's, the M39 with its alloy frame and DA/SA operation was quite revolutionary. While somewhat antiquated by modern designs, the M39 served as an evolutionary stepping stone to an entire generation of wonder-nines which enjoyed considerable police and civilian sales. It's interesting to reflect upon this period when advancements in DA/SA 9mm pistols (and ammunition) eclipsed the revolver and ultimately paved the way for modern polymer frames and strikers.

Retro 39-2 eye candy

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
There are way too many GREAT single stack auto loaders in the world to make a list of them individually

But in trying to narrow it down to my favorites (in Alphabetical order) I have to start with . . . . .

Most all 1911s
Boberg XR45-S
HK P9s
S&W 41
S&W 845
SIG P220 X6
SIG P239
Walther P1-P5 family
Walther PPk
Wildey Survivor

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freq Geek:
The Sig P225 is one of my favorite pistols. This guy I follow posted a video about single stacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlYP2rUgYOg

What are your favorite single stack pistols?

I'm with you here. I thought Was the only dinosaur who still carries my 225. I put a STR and that is great, plus the trigger it comes with is solid. Out of the many, many handguns I own and shoot, this one is the king. Thanks for the video post.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMan:
quote:
Originally posted by Udo:
I have single stack hands.

Same here. I shoot my P320s, P228, P30s, P2000SKs and 92FS just fine. But my hand just sings when I grab the Walther PPS, Classic or M2, or the P365. But especially the Walthers. They’re just perfect for me.

I got the extra capacity spring and follower kit for the 8rd mag to make it a 9 and I no longer carry the 365, despite the extra 3 rds. 13 vs. 10 is a big deal, no doubt, but I handle the Walther enough better to make me willing to carry it even though I’m giving up rounds.

I rarely carry double stacks anymore.

Which make kit did you get, please?

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:
quote:
Originally posted by TheMan:

I got the extra capacity spring and follower kit for the 8rd mag to make it a 9...

Which make kit did you get, please?

MagGuts

https://magguts.com/product/wa...ts-8-round-magazine/

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Single stack pistols are all I have been carrying for going on two decades. DA/SA single stacks. 4506-1, 4566, 4513, 3913, CS45 and so on. I have never seen any good reason to change to something else.

And I have tried all different kinds. Alls I learned from trying all those other guns is that I have no use for plastic striker fired guns. Lousy triggers.

As to capacity, 20 years working Homicide taught me I will be out of time before I am out of ammo. No matter how many rounds are in the gun. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
What? No P210? Cool

You beat me to it. Scanning thru Pg 1 and not seeing the venerable P210 listed even once...a bit of a surprise considering the backdrop of this forum. But the P220 and P225 are great choices in their own right. Just not to the same level as the P210, at least for me.

You say that, but they never made a 210 in .38 Super.

Good Lord, the horrible things I'd do for a 210 in .38 Super...

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I'm right handed, and my right hand has considerable more beef, especially behind the thumb. If I grip an average popular pistol with my left hand, it generally feels like a perfect fit. My trigger reach will be considerably shorter with the right. The fingers are the same length to all appearances. I have the short reach trigger on both Sig's. The 220 has checkered G-10's and the 239 has CT grips. Both feel custom fitted and perfect for me. Generally I need double stack guns with replaceable back straps to have less thickness to make way for my ham hand.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7264 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
P6 and about any 1911.

No love for the P290RS though?

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I favor S&W 4053 or Walther PPS M1 for carry.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only own 2 single stacks a HK P7 I never carry and my P239 357 sig it disappears in my Vedder even carrying 3 reloads in a pretty tight tshirt!

Posts: 123 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post