SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    While I'm On A German Pistol Kick.....(9mm Mauser Goodness Inside)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

While I'm On A German Pistol Kick.....(9mm Mauser Goodness Inside) Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
I got me one of them fancy new fangled 9mm auto pistols y'all keep ravin all about.

I know I'm kinda late to the game and all with me holdin on to my re-volvers for dear life.

I went down to my old country store (Deer Creek) and picked me up one of them high capacity auto pistols with a holster and two spare clips.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34069 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Wow. That’s really cool.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Every classic gun like this tells a good story, I suspect. I have one of these as well, in the original wooden stock case. We discovered it in a locked, rusted shut filing cabinet in a secret basement office of our family home built in 1922 by my great grandfather, who was friends with Lindbergh and would later become Governor of Wisconsin by flying a plane similar to Lindbergh's doing more than 400 "stump speeches" all over the state during 8 months prior to the Wisconsin 1929 Gubernatorial election. In poring through my great grandfather's personal journals, I've come up with a hypothesis, which I'm still trying to prove - that this particular high (collector's grade) 1898 7.63 mm Broomhandle Mauser was a gift from the Chancellor of Germany, given as a gift to my great grandfather in recognition of his efforts trying to stop Hitler from rising to power during the early 1930's.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
This one was made around 1913 and is a 1920 rework for the police. It has no military acceptance marks, but does have the police regiment proof on the front strap of the grip.

Even though it is 9mm, it should not have a RED9 set of grips.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34069 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is awesome!! I have wanted one for years and years but never actually purchased one. I think that they are a great handgun with a lot of history.

Posts: 6599 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Still looks good today; a true classic. Congratulations!

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Nice relic Marzy. Looking forward to another shooting video Cool!

Posts: 3122 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winston Churchill approves!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are well on your way to being a Chinese warlord!

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
If you choose to shoot it, load lighter power loads. I have a 9mm C96 in my basement that is broken. Also hold it lower on the grip as the hammer comes back and hits you on the top of your hand.

This is what killed mine. It's a hand fitted and difficult to fit part if you can find a replacement. Even then it is a numbered part so once broken any value if number matching is gone.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: p08,

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That is a neat old gun! Are we going to see a shooting video at some point?

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
This is what killed mine. It's a hand fitted and difficult to fit part if you can find a replacement. Even then it is a numbered part so once broken any value if number matching is gone.

Would you consider giving the broken pistol a home where it will get fixed and be loved regardless of value? Smile

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
If you choose to shoot it, load lighter power loads. I have a 9mm C96 in my basement that is broken. Also hold it lower on the grip as the hammer comes back and hits you on the top of your hand.

I wonder if one of the micro precision firearm welding outfits could put that back together?

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now all it needs is a red-dot. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Congrats.

Posts: 6836 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
When I see one of these, I always think of Han Solo's blaster.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
When I see one of these, I always think of Han Solo's blaster.

Because his blaster is a C96.

That's why you can't find any, they all got cut up by Star Wars fans in the 80's and 90"s when they were cheap.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wonder if one of the micro precision firearm welding outfits could put that back together?

I have been told no, the point at which it broke is where the main spring puts tension on. Was told it would just break again.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Now all it needs is a red-dot. Big Grin

And front slide serrations. It NEEDS front slide serrations. What’s that you say? They wouldn’t matter on a pistol like this? BE GONE WITH YOU AND PUT EXTRA FRONT SLIDE SERRATIONS ON!!! Smile

Seriously though what a cool pistol. It is one gun I have always liked but never had a chance to shoot.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7620 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post