SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any love for Von Stavenhagen sights?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any love for Von Stavenhagen sights? Login/Join 
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
The Von S. sights are the irons I shoot best with. Both the fastest and most accurate for me. They also came on my Kahr.

And their inventor was a very interesting fellow.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a set from Hague Distribution on eBay earlier this week. They came in today and look great. MUCH better than the picture they show on eBay. I just ordered another set for my P220R ST.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 230 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
True, here's a pretty well written article about him.

Link

Thanks for that...very interesting read. Love the car photos, too.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
A lovely late ‘90s P225 I just received from a fellow member has these sights - I’m looking forward to working them out at the range soon.

I feel like some of my earlier SIGs may have had them, but I know I didn’t realize them for what they were at the time (either the sights or the guns themselves, frankly).

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love these sights, to me they are far superior to any 3 dot sight.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I never liked them. I usually painted the white bar on the rear sight out.

My preference for a combat/game sight is a red or green fiber optic dot on the front and a plain black rear notch. I do like a wide rear notch.

For precision, I like traditional square front blades in a square notch, but my older eyes find those hard to deal with now. I really need an electronic red dot or a scope now.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Yes, I do like bar-dot sights. They just say, "SIG" to me. Had them on my old 228. Don't care for 3-dots, not sure why.

However, I don't care for "combat sights" in general, and most contrast sights seem to be set up that way. The target is behind the dot, so you can't see it unless you're really close or superimposing said dot with both eyes. Traditional "blade-in-a-notch" iron sights let me see and aim more precisely, and lend themselves much better to modified sight pictures for shooting at longer ranges.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post