SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who carries a 1911...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who carries a 1911... Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
While going through my safe I came upon my 2 1911’s and wondered in today’s age of polymer wonder 9’s who still carries a 1911 pistol. The actual caliber isn’t as important as the fact that’s it’s a JMB gift to the masses.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Every now and again I'll carry my full size Kimber 1911 or my 9mm EMP4.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
On rare occasion, I carry a Dan Wesson Valor Commander in .45 ACP.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I still carry my 9mm Guncrafter commander on occasion. Otherwise, it is my G19. I still LOVE my 1911. I just want to carry more ammo with me if I can. My 9mm 1911 is 10+1.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I have been carring one of my Dan Wesson's for the past month, either 9mm or 45.

(watching Bosch helped motovate me)

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Series 80 Commander,
45acp

shoots well,

rides my hip a few days a month

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10423 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I carry my Colt Defender in .45 ACP regularly. It's my favourite carry pistol, in fact.

I haven't carried by Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced, so far, but that will soon change. My "woods gun" will be my Kimber Custom II in 10mm.

I really like the 1911 platform.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Every now and then I like to have my Kimber Ultra with me.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson CCO 45ACP :thumbsup:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Every now and then, a Rock Island Baby Rock .380 Razz

Periodically, I'll carry a 9mm EMP.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Yep. 1961 Colt Gubbmint model my fav.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I carried a Colt gov't model in 45 acp for 25 years. Then I discovered the "plastic fantastic" pistols. I carry them almost daily. There are times though that I carry my DW Guardian in 38 Super & it seems to be more often than not.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 3" EMP in a Galco Kingtuk Air has been my summer set up for some time now.

It might get replaced by a P365, though.

Posts: 8 | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carry:
Ruger SR1911 45.
Colt Commander XSE 9mm
Sig Nightmare Carry 45.

Woods / Plinker:
Armscor Citadel 1911FS 45

And plan to buy a Dan Wesson soon.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Colt Defender tends to be carried more often than anything else lately. Also have a Sig C3 that I carry quite a bit. Call me old school, if I'm not carrying a 1911, then I'll carry a j-frame in the pocket.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been carrying a 1911 for the past 4 years off duty. Currently a DW Valkyrie 9mm. I do have a j-frame and smaller plastic pistols and am switching to a P365.

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, when I feel like violating agency policy.

In all seriousness, nothing I've carried since 1911s were on the approved list gives me the same warm, comfy feeling when going through a door.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have carried my fullsize, but not recently. On the other hand, I carry a 938 daily, which is a single action, cocked and locked, and designed similar to the 1911 and Colt Pocketlite.

If I am carrying a full sized pistol, however, I am probably carrying more ammo than 1911 capacity.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
In the past decade or so, I've carried a DW CCO, Springer Mil-spec and Colt CCO.
Good belt, good leather... good to go!
(Currently reverted back to Glock for carry, though)

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry my Frankenstein colt (commander slide on a steel officers frame) every day. I’m going to miss it while it is out for re-finish. Like losing a part of me.

Posts: 21 | Location: Bedford, Tx | Registered: December 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post