SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who carries a 1911...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who carries a 1911... Login/Join 
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
I only have one 1911, it's a full size so I do not carry it often. If I found a decent deal on an alloy frame commander that might change.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
On rare occasions I carry my full-size Springfield Loaded Stainless. If I didn't have to carry something else for work I'd probably carry it more. I shoot it better than any other gun I own.

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt Lightweight Commander in .38 Super. Every day, all day.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I am such a big fan of John Moses Browning that I was born on his Birthday Smile

My first NEW auto loader was a Colt Gold Cup that I bought in 1977. I still have it, but it is semi retired

I no longer carry a 1911 as a daily sidearm

However, for Formal occasions, I do revert to my favorites and carry a blue Gold Cup Commander with Custom Shop Ivory stocks. It sits in a Galco Windsor shoulder holster if I am wearing a jacket or a Galco stingray Concealable holster if I am without a jacket

The pistol carries 9 rounds of Winchester RA45TP

So far this pistol has been to 4 Weddings, 3 Funerals and 2 Inaugurations

This message has been edited. Last edited by: colt_saa,

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Fairly regularly when I’m on my own time.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a Dan Wesson Guardian about half the time.

If not that a P238, or my P229.

Posts: 158 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
When I turned 45, I bought my first 45.. A Wiley Clapp Colt Govt. I did some small part upgrades and If I carry its in the winter time.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I was carrying a SIG Ultra but have since started carrying a 2011.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every day. SW1911SC.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8767 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Carried my Citadel 1911 Compact in 9mm till I got my Sig P365. Now only carry the 1911 occasionally.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I carry a government model 1911 and spare magazine in either .45 ACP or 10mm from the time I get dressed until it goes on the nightstand when I go to bed.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 4 of em, 3 Gov't sized and one Commander, carried em all at one time or another.
Today it's an old Series 70 Combat Commander with the Colt electroless nickel or "Coltguard"and it sees more time out than in with me.
Like many others here stated I've had just about everything else and in hot weather you'll find a G27 tucked in somewhere and a J frame but as I get older I find I'm going back to where I started.
Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only very occasionally anymore. I carried a Springfield Pro as a cop for several years but changed agencies and became constrained to a Glock 22. Carried a CCO-sized .45 for a few years off duty, but moved on out of concerns primarily related to capacity. It was harder and harder to have 16 rounds on me when a Glock 30SF could do 24 in a similar size and a 19 could do 33.

When my STI Staccato C2 arrives in a couple months, I'm hoping that will be "it" for a while. Melds my love of heavy-ass 1911s and high capacity 9mm.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Count me “in” for carrying a full-size, steel frame 1911 in .45 ACP. Carried most often in a quality leather IWB holster along with an IWB magazine pouch, supported by a good gunleather belt.

I’m a “1911 Guy” that actually likes Glocks, too, and keeps a Gen4 G26 handy. A 1911, though, gets the nod from me the most often by far.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I carry my S&W Performance Center 1911 when my threat level is elevated.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An all-steel 1911 just feels right to me.

I am influenced by two things I heard over the years:

8 x 230 = 16 x 115.

And what's not to like about eight half-inch holes?

Posts: 39 | Registered: May 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I carry my Taurus PT 1911 5" 45 with an alloy frame. I have a IWB and a Desantis Viper paddle holster that I carry it in.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
A few old timers that know if they shoot them in the hand, they will knock them down. Wink

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me. Nearly daily.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I did for many years, but I moved to a G29 for edc 10mm a while back for more 4-legged critter options out in the mountains.

1911s are still my favorite handgun overall, particularly CCOs and Gov't sizes.

I'm not a BBQ gun sort, but if I had one it definitely be a 1911.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post