SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who carries a 1911...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who carries a 1911... Login/Join 
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I carry a P239 in summer and a P229 in winter, and have for years. However, lately I've got a real urge for a 1911. Will likely get a Dan Wesson 1911 in 9mm in the near future. I'm sure it will find it's way into my carry rotation.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I carried 1911's for years. I find myself carrying my P938 most of the time now.

I do carry my Sig Ultra now and again. I love this gun.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
1911. Full size. Every day.

Exception is when I am going into an area where the likelihood of multiple (3 or more) targets increases. Bad neighborhoods. Gang areas. Then it's P226 in 9mm. Capacity, simply. But I do my best to not go to places like that. Ever.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
My Les Baer Thunder Ranch or SA Professional make the rotation periodically

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a great one as a BBQ gun, wear it to weddings and when I want to feel all dressy. They're great guns and still damn accurate and reliable. I'd have no gripe taking mine into bad country for sure.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Wilson EDC X9 count? If so, 4-5 days a week. P365 the rest of the time.

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
Springfield Professional in JM Custom Kydex.

In the winter months, anyway. I can't conceal it in warmer weather.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I carried a colt stainless commander for edc from 1989 to around 96 when I got a West German 226....

I shoot a STI 2011 (double stack 1911) in USPSA but edc a G19. Mostly due to departmental restrictions...but I’m retired now and don’t have that restriction anymore

. and I have a fixed income so I can’t mentally justify plunking down a grand for a lightweight commander when I already own a g19....and I don’t wanna carry my STI daily..

But I would.

Love the 1911

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
For years I carried a Les Baer Custom Carry in 38 super but gave it to my son and now carry a DW VBob in 38 super.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Every day

Posts: 21 | Location: Bedford, Tx | Registered: December 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
If I'm not carrying my 320 compact, I'm probably carrying a 1911 Tacops in .357 or .40.

When my STI gets here and is proven, I'll jump up 100 and be carrying a 2011. Wink

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
I occasionally, very occasionally, carry a Ruger SR1911 Lightweight Commander, .45.

I have a Dan Wesson Vigil CCO .45 on the way.

I expect to carry that more than occasionally.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
Currently I'm carrying a P229 40 S&W, but as soon as the holster arrives, it will be a Government 1911 in .45 ACP.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Almost exclusively. Usually a DW TCP.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 570 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve pocket carried a Sig P238 for over 9 years.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no trouble carrying a 1911 however I do not like a safety on my EDC, a discussion for another day. On occasion 1911 carry it is a Dan Wesson .45 Bobtail Commander size. But usually one of 4 H&Ks with the P365 sneaking into the rotation lately.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Ed Brown EVP 9mm. Very slim for IWB, eats JHPs and has been 100% reliable.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1559 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson black VBob, BBQ only, Rest of time is P229 Legacy with occasional P220R.

P239
M11-A1
340 M&P

Posts: 552 | Location: Okla | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I carried 1911's for years. I find myself carrying my P938 most of the time now.

I do carry my Sig Ultra now and again. I love this gun.

What is it?

Jim

Tango Alpha Leather Goods

Posts: 99 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a Colt Competition or Combat Elite everyday. If I am working, I have to carry a Glock, but at least it's a 21. The Colt gets carried to and from work and everything in between. Carried them for years. At agencies that would not authorize a .45, I carried a Colt in .38 Super and a rare one in .40 S&W.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post