SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock Performance Trigger opinion
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock Performance Trigger opinion Login/Join 
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted
I installed the new Glock Performance Trigger in my G45 over the weekend. While I have not actually fired the pistol with the new trigger, I spent a fair amount of time in dry fire this week.

The great part is that the trigger safety tab actually goes flush with the trigger when it is depressed, which is a big improvement in my view.

But that’s about it. The trigger is very light, which could be advantageous for competition, but the breaking point feels very unpredictable to me. Maybe I’m just used to Glock triggers, but I do not like that aspect of this new trigger.

If I understand this correctly…the new trigger system essentially fully cocks the striker before the trigger is pressed, therefore, pulling the trigger only releases the sear.

In many ways it feels like a P320 stock trigger, but even more nebulous on where it will break. With dry fire, I’m quite underwhelmed.

Anyone else tried one yet?

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, I got mine today but haven't yet installed it. After watching the JG video on the new trigger, I decided to invest in his Vex trigger shoe.

This is the first I've heard of an inconsistent break, very surprised to hear it after all else that's been said about it.

Posts: 107435 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Maybe it’s me, or the fact that I have thousands of rounds through the factory Glock trigger. I’d be interested to hear your experience.

At speed, it probably wouldn’t be as noticeable.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have three of the performance triggers and have installed them into a 19,45, and 17. I don't like it with the dot connector. As you mentioned, the break is very soft and I blow right through it. I installed it with a 5.5 connector in my 45 and I like it more - there is more of a defined wall but its still pretty soft and still pretty easy to blow through. Both of these connectors shoot really well for me. In my 19, I installed the GPT with a plus connector. This is a great setup with a very hard and defined wall with about a 5-6lb break.

Posts: 7 | Registered: October 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keene1bj:
I have three of the performance triggers and have installed them into a 19,45, and 17. I don't like it with the dot connector. As you mentioned, the break is very soft and I blow right through it. I installed it with a 5.5 connector in my 45 and I like it more - there is more of a defined wall but it’s still pretty soft and still pretty easy to blow through. Both of these connectors shoot really well for me. In my 19, I installed the GPT with a plus connector. This is a great setup with a very hard and defined wall with about a 5-6lb break.

I didn’t think about changing out the connector. I’ll give that a try. Good call.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keene1bj:
In my 19, I installed the GPT with a plus connector. This is a great setup with a very hard and defined wall with about a 5-6lb break.
Yeah, in part 2 of the JG video, he mentions that the GPT trigger with his Vex shoe and a OEM plus connector comes as close as you'll get to the feel of a 1911 trigger.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
But that’s about it. The trigger is very light, which could be advantageous for competition, but the breaking point feels very unpredictable to me. Maybe I’m just used to Glock triggers, but I do not like that aspect of this new trigger.

When I dry fired a Glock Timney Trigger, I felt the same way. I don't know if there were other mods on the gun I tried that affected the pull, but the pull was light yet not predictable.

Posts: 3183 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, what is needed is a heavier connector so you'll get that "hard and defined wall" keene1bj is talking about. That's what I'm going to be using in conjunction with the GPT. Glock's OEM "Plus" connector is the ticket.

MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
Primary Arms shows the performance trigger in stock again.

Primary Arms

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My trigger from Glock is coming today. I will install it in my personal 45. I ordered another one from Primary Arms. I will put that in my duty 45 when I get the frame back from TXPO. I will try to run some rounds through it tonight at work.

I don’t have any + connectors. If I don’t like it I will try a plain connector.

Stuck it in my personal Glock 45 and dry firing. I'm used to it already, only blew through the wall twice. Will put some live fire in it tonight. My Wheeler says 5lbs.

-
Just show a few mags. Very smooth and consistent. Didn’t have any issues pulling through the wall accidentally.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chowser,

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8007 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've purchased two of these triggers. I don't like the flat trigger shoe which comes on the GPT. I changed out the flat shoe on one of these GPTs and installed the trigger in my G17 gen5.

I don't have a trigger pull gauge and I don't need one to know that the pull is simply too light for me with the connector Glock supplies with the GPT. There's barely a wall perceptible in the pull. I have two OEM Plus connectors on the way to me and just as JG has said, this combination is the ticket. GPT with a Plus connector and Vex shoe.

When I dry fire my Glocks, there's always slight horizontal motion to the pistol (front sight) after the trigger break. I believe this is why Glocks shoot best for most people when they stick their finger as far into the trigger guard as is practical. I believe the reason is that the slight lateral pressure on the trigger arrests the post-break movement.

With the GPT, there is no movement of the front sight after the break. Once I get the trigger pull weight up with the Plus connector, I think it's going to be a little bit of heaven. The other GPT is going in my G19 gen5. It has been frustrating trying to find the source of the rough pull in that pistol. It looks like the GPT is going to be the solution. There's an overtravel screw provided with the Vex shoe but I won't be installing it. I don't see the need, not to mention that if the screw backs out, it can actually keep the pistol from firing. Thread-locking the screw would make this a very, very unlikely occurrence. Nevertheless...

Anyone who has pulled the trigger bar out of a GPT knows that it's a bit difficult getting it reinstalled. In his video on the GPT, It looks like JG uses a fine punch to reinstall the trigger bar. The first time I reinstalled the trigger bar, I wondered what he was talking about, because I had the trigger bar reinstalled in less than 15 seconds. Subsequent reinstalls have been more difficult. That's what I get for getting cocky about it. I use a metal pick which has its tip bent at a 90 degree angle and I thought this was the perfect tool, but now I'm thinking I should try a straight-pointed pick.

I'd like to get to the point where I can disassemble these triggers entirely. JG recommends against this, but it can be done. It's my understanding that a hexagonal takedown pin is required and I'm hoping someone will eventually offer this tool.

I am used to being able to strip a Glock down to nothing but the sights on the slide and the straight wire magazine catch spring in the frame. Having an assembly in a Glock that I'm supposed to leave alone bothers me.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Having an assembly in a Glock that I'm supposed to leave alone bothers me.

I think Glock is heading more and more that way. In a recent armorers course, we did take apart and reassemble the Gen5 trigger housing and trigger return spring. But, we were told that in the field we really shouldn’t mess with it, or try to repair it. There was also no need to ever attempt to disassemble. We should simply purchase and replace the trigger housing, which would come with the return spring installed.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My second gpt came apart when I took the rubber band off. I lifted the whole assembly out and lowered it back in while pushing in the trigger bar to line the up and levering it around the connector.

I can’t find any + connectors in my parts bin. I like the regular unmarked connector wall. I ordered a + today.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8007 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I can’t find any + connectors in my parts bin.
Probably because up until now, nobody wanted them. If you had told me two weeks ago that I'd be installing Plus connectors in my Glocks, I would have laughed.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I knew I had a NY trigger. Figured I had a + connector too. Nope. Both must’ve been purged because I thought I would never use either.

I needed to buy parts anyway, so I ordered a couple of + connectors in case anyone at work wants to use the GPT also.

Not minority enough!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A New York trigger and a Plus connector- for people who have no interest in pulling the trigger.

Somewhere in my parts box, I have an NY trigger, but I bought it only for the novelty of it and it was dirt cheap.

posted Hide Post
I actually installed one years ago. What a horrible combo of parts. I just looked through my parts bin, I think I hated it so much I might have thrown it away.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
My usual parts suppliers say they are out of stock for 8lb connectors.
Found some at the below link. Never heard of them before, took a chance anyway. ??
Way better price compared to Mr. J Glocks.

https://glockparts.com/oem-pis...ver-parts/connector/

Edit to add,
Now I see Top Gun Supply has them is stock as well,,,oh well.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/g...-connector-8-lb.html

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I swear, Glock Guys are as bad as jeep and harley owners when it comes to keeping things stock Big Grin

Interested in the GPT myself, good to know that the + bar is a good idea, and of course now just became aware that I need a VEX trigger shoe,

Posts: 23360 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Having an assembly in a Glock that I'm supposed to leave alone bothers me.

I think Glock is heading more and more that way. In a recent armorers course, we did take apart and reassemble the Gen5 trigger housing and trigger return spring. But, we were told that in the field we really shouldn’t mess with it, or try to repair it. There was also no need to ever attempt to disassemble. We should simply purchase and replace the trigger housing, which would come with the return spring installed.

That is what I was “learned” at armorers school last October.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post