SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shortage of Classic P Series SIGs?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shortage of Classic P Series SIGs? Login/Join 
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
There is a large annual gun show in my area in a couple of weeks. I’m hoping to find one there, even if I get gouged on the price.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Well, the only (one in the entire place!) Sig P series pistol at this gun show was an older P-220 .45 with spur hammer that had “Made in Germany” on the slide — not West Germany — so I put it in the early 1990s. The price was high enough to pass on. The search continues…

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I finally found one! A barely used 2016 229 9mm for a great price! This LGS also had a new 226 Elite that I saw first. Good thing I looked around some more and found this. It was nearly half the price and it doesn't appear to have been fired much if at all.

image upload

Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Grats! Glad that you finally found one.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice catch G-Man. Seek and ye shall find!

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
I have a 320 and a 365, but want to re-acquire what I sold years ago, the classic hammer models. If I have learned anything from this it is to NOT sell any firearms. Ever.

This.

The only guns I've sold in years were during the COVIDpocalypse/riotpocalypse in 2020 to friends who'd been contemplating firearms purchases and shopping around and suddenly found themselves without the options they were debating with me just a week or two ago. All with a Right of First Refusal clause.

The one exception to this policy is a Legion P229 I sold on here a few years ago, and I only did that because I switched from carrying a P229 to carrying a P320 Compact when the Army adopted the M17 and I didn't need TWO Legions just to appreciate them occasionally on range days.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a few non Legion P226s at a recent gun show in the Houston burbs.

Parts are getting harder to find. I was just able to get a backup P6/225 barrel from EFK Fire Dragon the other day. They made a small run of 225 barrels. I hadn’t seen a P6 replacement barrel anywhere in years. Mine is an ‘84 model with the pre-JHP feed ramp. It runs 9BPLE, but I haven’t tried larger mouthed JHPs.

Midwest Gun Works still has a pretty good selection of parts for 226s and 229s. I’ve ordered from them once before and am about to pick up some spare parts, just in case…..

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abn556:
I saw a few non Legion P226s at a recent gun show in the Houston burbs.

Parts are getting harder to find. I was just able to get a backup P6/225 barrel from EFK Fire Dragon the other day. They made a small run of 225 barrels. I hadn’t seen a P6 replacement barrel anywhere in years. Mine is an ‘84 model with the pre-JHP feed ramp. It runs 9BPLE, but I haven’t tried larger mouthed JHPs.

Midwest Gun Works still has a pretty good selection of parts for 226s and 229s. I’ve ordered from them once before and am about to pick up some spare parts, just in case…..

+

I'll be ordering a complete spring kit soon. The rest of the parts will outlive me.