SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 26 MOS?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 26 MOS? Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted
Figure it's about time for the yearly inquiry into this pistol.. Big Grin

Anyone have any scuttle-butt if/when this might hit the states?

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

It exists... here’s a pic of the sample in hand with Glock’s LE sales rep for New England.

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 150 | Location: Southwestern NH | Registered: September 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the hold-up is releasing it to us commoners? Razz Big Grin

Maybe one day.

I know how to get them to release it…I’ll get another G26 and the second I send the slide to be milled…boom! Razz

Thanks for posting!

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I just don't get the appeal of putting these things on smaller pistols.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I just don't get the appeal of putting these things on smaller pistols.

Nor do I. The concealment advantage of a G26 w/ pinky extension mag over a G19 is arguably negligible to begin with. If you need a RDS, I don't see any advantage a G26 MOS has over a G19 MOS.

I'm surprised the G26 MOS lacks a pic rail. They managed it on the G43X/48 MOS. What's holding back the G26 MOS?

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Had an optic for several years on Glock 26. Works well for me and shooting beyond 25 yards make a big difference. Optic doesn't take up much room when the unit in a holster.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1532 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I had one of my G26s milled for a Trijicon RMR but it was just for a range toy. While it's fun to plink with, I just don't practice enough with an optic on a pistol to be comfortable carrying one and don't really see any reason to start. At self-defense distances, I don't think the optic gives me any advantages.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
To me, it's just something to obstruct my sight picture.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I’m not really into red dot sights and especially not on my 26 but it would be nice if Glock updated the frame to include a rail for lights like the Streamlight TLR-7 Sub.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a dot on a 26 (still have the Brownells slide but moved the dot to another gun), have one on a 43X, and have one on a P365. I find it works just like it does on a larger gun and I dig it.

The red dot thing is an all-in or all-out proposition to me. That is to say that if you're going to have one on a gun, especially a carry gun, you need to put the time in to getting proficient with it, learning the nuances, etc. It doesn't mean you can't go back and shoot an irons gun (and I think you'll find that you shoot irons guns better, too), but until you have your presentations and dot tracking down, you're not there.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan isn’t wrong. I have some guns with and most without. My 365X that I put together has a Holosun 507k. I practice with it a bunch and the optic is just as fast as irons on that gun. Where it shines though is I can easily transition to long shots or “eyeball” shots with the optic. Probably my old eyes but it makes a tiny gun a tackdriver compared to irons. In my waistband the optic makes no actual difference in printing where an extended base pads would. As for the 26, I can appreciate a shorter barrel when I sit down. I like my appendix carry gun to ride relatively high and not gouge my leg when I sit.

Posts: 7349 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
A colleague of mine at SHOT last week confirmed what jandbj said ... they are here, but LEO only right now.
Regarding it's availability, the short answer was - we know MOS pistols are where it's at now, we know we'll sell a metric ton of these, but we want to give LEOs first dibs at it.
These eventually will be available, just not yet.

The reason for wanting a G26 MOS is simple - with age, my farsightedness/hyperopia is getting worse, especially at night (and I'm only 46).
From a shooting standpoint, it has never been an issue until I started shooting my range's new nighttime IDPA BUG matches. Even with Trijicon XDs on my pistol, and the range fairly well lit, the sights were really blurry. The orange front sight helped immensely, but it was spooky to realize how bad my eyes suck at night vis-à-vis the sights.

DaBigBR is 100% right - both from personal and observational experiences, pistol red dots are all-in or all-out. Right now, for various reason, I'm not quite ready to go all-in on RDS.
However, I do know that when I do, I'll want a Glock 26 MOS.

I shoot my Glock 26 way better than my Shield, and it disappears under a t-shit in the summer - way more than a Glock 19 does, since I carry it with the 10 round factory mags.
I've tried a 365RX as well...the baby single stacks are just harder for me to shoot.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Meh.
I’m forced to use one at work so I outfitted my off duty Glock 45 the same.

I was carrying my 43X for years. I broke down and got a 43X MOS and a tlr-7sub. Hate carrying this little gun with a red dot and wml. I went back to the 43x. The 43x mos sits and begs me to do something with it. Lol

Different guns for different occasions.
Little guns to me are meant for concealment and in close dirty fighting. No time to acquire a sight picture.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've resisted getting the TLR-7sub for my 43X and/or P365. Both guns have an optic buy I feel like they'll be out of their lane when you stick a light on it. Of course then every once in a while, I think my 43X needs a PMM comp and a light...

I will say this on the 43X, too: for me, the Shield Arms mags make the gun. I think if I was limited to ten rounds, I'd be a 26 guy.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Carrying my 43x mos today just to clean the dust off it.
Has shield mags and mag release and a polydat.

I’d still prefer it over a 26 mos for thickness.

Local blue label dealer asked me if I wanted to preorder the 26mos when I was there recently ordering guns for work and I said nah. I think I want to get my two BL guns this year in 10mm.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jandbj:

It exists... here’s a pic of the sample in hand with Glock’s LE sales rep for New England.

Any updates? Know a shot show attendee who got to try one. Even checked my blue label dealer, and haven't seen any.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
If you’re tired of waiting, there’s always the FN509c MRD. Comparable in size to the G26 it’s quite the performer.
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
quote:
Originally posted by jandbj:

Any updates? Know a shot show attendee who got to try one. Even checked my blue label dealer, and haven't seen any.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
I had one of my G26s milled for a Trijicon RMR but it was just for a range toy. While it's fun to plink with, I just don't practice enough with an optic on a pistol to be comfortable carrying one and don't really see any reason to start. At self-defense distances, I don't think the optic gives me any advantages.

Same here with a Walther I put an RMR on but I ended up taking it off and selling it.
I didn't get enough time behind it and it wasn't a carry pistol. Still decent with iron sights for now.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if some of the rush has died down due to the release of slimline guns with optics cuts. I agree its odd that they don't just release it or just make everything with a cut and then not have to change tooling. I read an article a while back about some place south of the border that had 26MOS with light rails but haven't heard much about it since.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The point of small guns is concealability. I think an RDS does not help with that.

On my small guns I still favor irons.

Maybe that will change over time or maybe I'm just being an old dude but I personally wouldn't mount an RDS on a G26 or similar sized pistol.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post