SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 26 MOS?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 26 MOS? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I can’t warm up to the RDS on a handgun. Especially a compact carry model. They’re unsightly, require batteries, and I’d guess that for the most part if you really need to use the sights in a self defense situation you’re probably going to jail.
The rails I can see the utility of but I have never mounted anything to one and I hate the looks of those abominations on every handgun with otherwise pleasing lines.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 332 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jed7s9b:
I can’t warm up to the RDS on a handgun. Especially a compact carry model. They’re unsightly, require batteries, and I’d guess that for the most part if you really need to use the sights in a self defense situation you’re probably going to jail.
The rails I can see the utility of but I have never mounted anything to one and I hate the looks of those abominations on every handgun with otherwise pleasing lines.

Why would you be going to jail if it is a justified shooting under your state law? What sights you have or don't have on your weapon aren't going to matter as long as your rounds went where they were suppose to. Also, rails allow people to mount weapon lights to their pistols which is a good thing since we have this thing called night, along with low light areas and situations. Anything that allows you to identify your target and put accurate shots on the target is a plus. After having a weapon light on my duty pistol (before I retired), almost all of my Glocks and Sig365 pistols have a weapon light on them, with most having a TLR6 or TLR7sub. I have a little notebook with pistol serial numbers on my cleaning bench. I mark down the monthly cleaning and oiling, document detailed cleaning, along with battery changes (try to change batteries at least once a year on all my pistols and lights, and twice a year for pistols that I carry more often)

I just took my G26MOS out to shoot. I added a Glock Performance trigger to it as an experiment. Well, the experiment was quite successful, I shot very accurately and fast with the G26MOS. I shoot it much better than the other pistols I took out that day (G43x MOS, G43x with Hogue Slip on grip, and G43). I have large hands and my hands are proof we came from the ocean, as they look like flippers. So the slim pistols just don't fit my hands that well. I have the G43x with the Hogue grips (and TLR6) as my current duty pistol for my retirement job as a State Court Bailiff (side note, I have seen and heard shit as a Bailiff that I never saw as a civilian and military cop during a 41 year long career). Currently we can't have a red dot on our pistols but that might change. With the Hogue grips, I shoot it well but it is not as fast or as comfortable as G26 or G19.

I shot the G26MOS so well and it was so comfortable to shoot that I am thinking of getting a G19 Gen5 with the Glock Performance Trigger as my new duty pistol (probably just put a TLR6 on it).

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have about 500 rounds thru mine. I have a Trijicon type 2 on it. Its exactly what i thought it would be. Real fast and accurate. I can use the extended mag if i want it to be a G19. I love the combo. Probably won't carry it but i might get a Code 4 kydex for it just in case i want to. Very glad Glock started selling this one in the US

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’d guess that for the most part if you really need to use the sights in a self defense situation you’re probably going to jail.

Man, all that money I've wasted on night sights for all my pistols over the years. Roll Eyes

Tell that to Jack Wilson in Texas and Elisjsha Dicken in Indiana.

What a very ignorant statement.

You're more likely to go to jail cause you didn't use your sights.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post