SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Have you purchased fro Lubra-Kit.com?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you purchased fro Lubra-Kit.com? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yep, the guy from LubriKit.com could not have been nicer. Problem is, he didn't do what he said he'd do, no lube, no email, no nuttin.' And he still had my money.

Then, several days later, PayPal noticed me the lube has shipped. Woooooey!

Problem was, it didn't come. The USPS tracking number showed that the item was "on the way to a USPS facility." You folks that use Ebay have likely seen that old trick before-get the tracking number and PP thinks it's shipped, but you, the Seller, can take forever to get it to the Post Office.

After several days of nothing happening, the message on the tracking number staying the same, I finally complained to PP and they sent a copy of my complaint to the Seller who got my lube to the Post Office very early the next morning and it arrived today.

I prolly knew, when I first started to order, that a business that listed its contact number as 123456789 would likely not be real responsive if there was a problem, but I ordered anyway.

And, proved myself right.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
That sucks. Guess I’ll refill my syringes with moly wheel bearing grease or summat.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure why? If you like the lubriplate stuff its easily available, and inexpensive. see my earlier posts. But of course there are a million equivalents as well.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
Yep, the guy from LubriKit.com could not have been nicer. Problem is, he didn't do what he said he'd do, no lube, no email, no nuttin.' And he still had my money.

Then, several days later, PayPal noticed me the lube has shipped. Woooooey!

Problem was, it didn't come. The USPS tracking number showed that the item was "on the way to a USPS facility." You folks that use Ebay have likely seen that old trick before-get the tracking number and PP thinks it's shipped, but you, the Seller, can take forever to get it to the Post Office.

After several days of nothing happening, the message on the tracking number staying the same, I finally complained to PP and they sent a copy of my complaint to the Seller who got my lube to the Post Office very early the next morning and it arrived today.

I prolly knew, when I first started to order, that a business that listed its contact number as 123456789 would likely not be real responsive if there was a problem, but I ordered anyway.

And, proved myself right.

Bob

I joined just to add to this thread! Bob, it's a year and a half later and the guy at Lubrikit.com is still doing the exact same garbage. I messaged the guy on both contact emails a week after placing my order. I received shipping info two weeks after that and tried calling him and the seller's phone was off. Filed a claim with PP that very same day, provided screenshots of getting no response from the seller, and the VERY NEXT DAY he dropped my order off at USPS.
Maybe I'm just a clown, but when I finally receive it I have half a mind to contact paypal, still requesting a refund, and offer to send the product back. It's only $35 so it's negligible, but it's infuriating that someone can take your money and provide service like this with no repercussions.

*Edited for clarity in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Why are you guys paying $35 to some guy on the internet for small tubes of grease when the stuff is available in a 16oz tub for $19? Get some q-tips for a couple of bucks at Walmart and you're good to go. I bought a little 16oz tub of this stuff a couple of years back for lubricating my Garands and my Mini-14, and it works great...and provided it doesn't dry out, there will be plenty left for my kids and grandkids to do the same. A little goes a long way!

https://www.amazon.com/Lubripl...-1392373466294&psc=1

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
^
That would probably do the job well. But below is the exact grease Cunningham specified, in 15ozs direct from Lubriplate. Slightly more expensive, but not unreasonable for what is essentially a lifetime supply.

https://www.lubriplate.com/Pro...-0/SFL-0,-15-OZ-TUB/

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
92fstech You're definitely not wrong. I didn't do a ton of research leading up to my purchase, which was my own fault. After finding this thread I'll definitely be ordering one of the linked tub's and just refilling the syringes that come with the order.

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
That sucks. Guess I’ll refill my syringes with moly wheel bearing grease or summat.

I do something similar. I fill them with Hi Temp synthetic grease, pretty similar to Shooters Choice.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am shocked at this whole debacle. Personally I love the product, best and only product I use. Have done so for a couple years and no weapon has shown ANY wear since. I understood when I first ordered the Lubri-kit stuff that it was only available in 55gal drums and the people repackaged in small usable quantities. Ironically, the relatively new Sig lubricants are in identical packaging as what I have and thought maybe it’s the same stuff. Glad you got your stuff, hope you got what I have and it works as well for you.

Posts: 49 | Registered: October 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
Chad Albrect of School of American Rifle, make his own 'cherry bomb' grease by "mixing syn grease with syn oil to a honey like consistency". he uses it on all his guns, and result is pretty good and low cost since it's whatever amount of left over oil from the last oil change and mix in with some grease.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Slip 2000 EWG in a 4 ounce tub, probably more than enough for a decade or two for most shooters. Available at Amazon with free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Slip200...84413735734575&psc=1

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lucas Marine grease. Won't dry out and has corrosion preventative in it. Big tube around 7 bucks.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The 55 gallon drum thing is not true. See my post above. You can buy a pint of it direct from the manufacturer. That's still a lot of grease. But someone posed a link to a 4oz jar of gun labeled grease for most of the price of the 16 oz package of industrial grease that has the right properties for gun use.

I have a strong suspicion that a lot of the companies that sell gun lubricants are doing what the Lubrikit guy is doing, just on a bigger scale, using their own branding, and being more professional about it. They're going out into the industrial market, finding already existing lubricants that have the right properties for gun use, buying them in bulk (the aforementioned 55 gallon drums), repackaging them in to small containers that be sold retail at a huge markup to cost of the products, and selling them in stores, and now, on-line.

quote:
Originally posted by azmercedes:
I am shocked at this whole debacle. Personally I love the product, best and only product I use. Have done so for a couple years and no weapon has shown ANY wear since. I understood when I first ordered the Lubri-kit stuff that it was only available in 55gal drums and the people repackaged in small usable quantities. Ironically, the relatively new Sig lubricants are in identical packaging as what I have and thought maybe it’s the same stuff. Glad you got your stuff, hope you got what I have and it works as well for you.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
The 55 gallon drum thing is not true. See my post above. You can buy a pint of it direct from the manufacturer. That's still a lot of grease. But someone posed a link to a 4oz jar of gun labeled grease for most of the price of the 16 oz package of industrial grease that has the right properties for gun use.

I have a strong suspicion that a lot of the companies that sell gun lubricants are doing what the Lubrikit guy is doing, just on a bigger scale, using their own branding, and being more professional about it. They're going out into the industrial market, finding already existing lubricants that have the right properties for gun use, buying them in bulk (the aforementioned 55 gallon drums), repackaging them in to small containers that be sold retail at a huge markup to cost of the products, and selling them in stores, and now, on-line.

quote:
Originally posted by azmercedes:

I've said that for years. I see no way any company is going to spend tens of thousands of dollars in R&D coming up with a "super" gun lube when there are plenty of adequate lubricants already on the market.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post