SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Have you purchased fro Lubra-Kit.com?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you purchased fro Lubra-Kit.com? Login/Join 
posted
Man, I've had an awful time posting this. Kept messing it up, and when I finally saw it was almost right, I saw I'd posted it on the Classifieds.! What a maroon!

Anyway, I have never used grease on my guns at least since I got out of the Army 52 years ago-always oil.

But I've been reading (dangerous and expensive, I know) and decided to try grease and think the best one I saw recommended was Lubriplate. Sadly, their oil I only sold in HUGE jugs and I will never need that.

Somehow, somewhere I found Lubri-Kit.com who apparently repackages Lubriplate grease and oils in small syringes and containers, so I ordered and paid them immediately with PayPal (I know many here think they are anti-gun, but they seem more anti-liability to me and, FWIW, I've never had a problem with them).

Got the PP receipt, but have not heard anything from Lubriplate and PP says they have not provided any shipping info as of yet. So I thought I'd call them, but they have a phony number on their website, 123456789 and, of course, it doesn't work (imagine that!).

So I sent them an email. No answer. Found another number for them on PP, but I checked and it's a pressure washing service for houses.

Anyone here done business with Lubra-Kit.com and, if so, how was your experience as far as shipping and receipt of your products?

Perhaps the owner of the pressure washing business also repacks oil and grease as a sideline or....

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lubra-Kit

I found the phone number on the website

512-507-4982

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like you’ve been scammed. Get yourself a tub of Brian Enos’s Slide Glide and be done with it.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, that's a slightly different number than I got off PP. I'll try it, though I sure didn't see that number last week on their site and the 123456789 is still the number thay have on the "contact us" section.

Doubt I've been scammed.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I called and ....got a voice mail answer- a lady said this was the voice mail of that phone number. No idea if it was Lubra-Kit or not. But I left, what I thought was a nice, polite message and I'll just wait and see (as if there was something else I could do).

Speedwobble-I started out planning to buy Slideglide, but then, foolishly, I started reading and, here I am.

Bob

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I've ordered from them a couple of times and have had no problems. It's been a few years so I can't remember how quickly I got the stuff, but I was favorably impressed with the grease, the syringes, and service.

I still use the stuff all the time. Maybe they don't want calls for customer service. Kinda strange for a business that sells stuff but I can understand it. I never give my number out either. Let us know what happens as I'm almost out and would like to order from them again.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same as 1KPerDay.....ordered off their web site and never had a problem. Pretty good stuff too, I like it as much as Mil-Com TW-25.

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I've left a message at that number and sent them an email last week, so I'll just sit back and see if they respond, either to the messages or the call or send me the stuff. If they do, I'll post, if they don't I'll dispute the charge at PP and buy some at Amazon, and post here again.

It was the oil I could not find in small quantities, but I will survive without it, if it doesn't come.

Thank all of you for your assistance.

Bob

Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
My last order from Lubri-Kit took a while. I think it was about a month from order to delivery. Their supply was on backorder. I did follow up by email to order(at)lubrikit.com and received a reply the same day.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

I'm kinda expecting a return call or email. I would bet this isn't the owner's main employment, so I can be pretty easy going. I guess I was just annoyed about the fake phone number.

The website says they just got their new pails of grease in, so I am hopeful.

Bob

posted Hide Post
quote:
Lubriplate

I'm not sure what a HUGE jug is, and which of their products is your goal, but most of their products are available in modest packaging. I have a small pail of it for example from Brownells. But in any case since its available like everywhere (heck my local auto parts stocks many of the choices) and there are so many equivalent products and you used paypal just file a complaint, they will reverse the charge and away you go.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy who wrote the articles, can't recall his name and not sure if it's referenced on this Forum, talked about the oil, some model number.

I could only find that in gallon jugs, though the grease was readily available.

Yeah, I know about complaining to PP, but sounds like most of the folks here got good service, though one had to wait a month. I was just wondering if my order dropped off the earth or got lost or... and that's why, after hearing nothing, I tried to contact them.

Now there's a email and a phone message. If I hear nothing by the end of the week, then I think it'll be time to go to PP.

But I'm pretty reassured by the responses here.

Bob

Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Here is the article, got it here on the forum.
https://www.grantcunningham.co.../05/lubrication-101/

The oil is usually sold in 1 gallon jugs at about $300 IIRC

Posts: 1476 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I think Lubriplate is just white lithium grease. Nothing special but works well and is inexpensive.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lubriplate makes many different products. If the article above is the source I would guess the OP (who is looking for a grease) wants Lubriplate “SFL” NLGI #0 grease. Available everywhere. But $16 for the tub on Midwayusa among the vendors I would trust.
To the other post on oil, again assuming the article is the source one is looking for FMO-AW oil (specifically the 350-AW weight.) Again everywhere in whatever size you want as long as for factory packaging its a gallon ($48). As low as $3.50 for someone repackaging a few ounces. To the quote above about $300 for a gallon, not that I can see. Edited to add, a quick check of my local lubrication supplier shows an easy dozen equivalent industry products, my cost <$100 for a 5 gal pail.
In any case these are easy to get. I normally stay out of lubricant threads, but there are equivalent products to these that are also easy to get. And in the case of the food grade oil this is a vast market and there are truly a number of exactly equivalent products.

posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's the article I was referring to. I found the grease in small quantities, but not that particular oil.

I remember it was about a gallon and I didn't recall the three hundred bucks, but, for me, fifty or seventy five bucks for a gallon would be a deal killer as I'd never, ever use that much and really don't have anyone to share it with.

Bob

posted Hide Post
Bob,
my cost for a gallon of the oil is $33. If I shopped around for an equivalent it's probably way less. But on ebay they are getting $3.50 for 4 oz. so you are easily missing an opportunity...

posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the replies and info. Yes, I found that on Ebay, too, hrcjon, but with the shipping it's more than Lubri-Kit charges. But it's an alternative if I don't get my order.

EDITED to add:

I have finally found them. The number on their website is wrong, it is the number on PP's site to the house pressure cleaning company. I got a live person, he could not have been nicer, and will check to make sure my order is okay and send me an email when he gets to the office.

Bob

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the follow up

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lubri-Kit

I ordered from them as well, and I recall that it took quite a while to receive my order. Glad you were able to get through to them. I'm confident that you will eventually receive what you ordered.

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post