SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which P365 version do you carry?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which P365 version do you carry? Login/Join 
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I almost put "hybrid" since both of my P365XLs and my P365 are all manual safety models.

The OG 365 felt like a little gun that shot like a big one. To me the XL crosses that magic line where it's a big gun in every way that matters - recoil characteristics, accuracy, capacity, etc - except littler.

It's sufficiently replaced everything else in my safe that I make a point now to throw something else in the bag for variety.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Anyone else besides Rob running a manual safety on their P365?

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
I carry both the 365 and 365XL (with Romeo Zero). Each has the manual safety.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 954 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Super happy with the P365 and a Hogue grip.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
365X with wilson combat grip module.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I trade off between the X and the XL.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have installed the manual safety on almost all my 365’s. Appendix carry is my preference and I prefer hammer guns or manual safety striker guns for this mode of carry. Unlike my Shield I find the MS on the Sig to be very easy to manipulate and train with.

Many people disagree with MS models. I personally never carry my Glocks appendix. To me, the femoral artery is worthy of one extra layer of protection that through repetition doesn’t slow down the draw or firing of the gun. I also believe that appendix requires a stiff, well made holster. No thin kydex “good enough” holster for this mode of carry.

To each his own. I love how easy Sig made it to add a MS.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses.
From the discussions I had sort-of paid attention to, I had gotten the impression that the X and XL versions were the most popular models. Now it would be interesting to know how many people acquired the original version when it was the only one available and might prefer a different model, but don’t want to switch at this point. I assume that those models would require different magazines—?

And I have an original with manual safety, but did not consider the MS versions to be different for the poll.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I MUCH prefer the P365-X variant. My first P365 was a P365 w/ the XL Grip Module. A little history...

I had handled a P365 back when it was first launched and dismissed it out of hand as being as too small. I require my pinky to actually be 'on the gun', especially for CCW, and I see no other real purpose for the P365 otherwise. When the P365XL was launched, I was unaware it had a different Grip Module, so assuming it was just a P365 w/ a longer slide/barrel, I never gave it any consideration.

It was not until the BLM/Antifa Riots were in full swing over the summer of 2020, and I was looking to build an ideal P320 configuration for my wife to carry that I had my P365 epiphany. I was chatting with a Sig Sauer employee / friend on the topic and he recommended the P365. He showed me his 'P365-X' variant w/ the XL Grip Module, and after handling & dry firing it, I was converted. It's a completely different gun, and it eliminated all of my preconceptions about the P365. A few days later, I was on a quest to purchase one. In fact, I actually purchased the P365 XL Grip Module before I was able to find a P365 In Stock anywhere. Wink

Since that time I've added a oem SIG P365X to the rotation. I was actually looking for another P365 and was planning to add the XL Grip Module to it, along with some add'l 12rd Mags. At the time I saw no reason to get a P365X and I preferred the dovetail sights of the std P365. I have ZERO interest in adding an RDS and would NEVER consider it based on the role of this, or any 'Micro-Compact' Pistol. My LGS happened to have a 'shot very little' used P365X and a new P365 in stock, and honestly the rear sights were indistinguishable from one another as far as sight picture was concerned. At $50.00 less than the new P365, and including four 12rd Mags, the P365X was a no brainer. And now I have two... Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve kinda slipped back to carrying my G43 or 43X, but still love my 365X. I have carried both the 365 and the XL, and like the longer XL grip but the XL barrel pokes me when I bend over. So, the X is the perfect way for my to carry a 365.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I'm perfectly happy w/ my P365. When I owned an XL, I tried its lower w/ my shorter 365 slide to test out the 365X combo. I never found myself grabbing my XL over my standard 365, so I got rid of the XL. Also, I seem to be in the minority in that I prefer the curved trigger to the straight one.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Anyone else besides Rob running a manual safety on their P365?”

I switched grip module from my 9mm which is flat dark earth and has a manual safety to the 380 slide and of course, the manual safety went along with it.
At the time I bought my 365/380 I could not find one with a manual safety.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stroonz:
“Anyone else besides Rob running a manual safety on their P365?”

I switched grip module from my 9mm which is flat dark earth and has a manual safety to the 380 slide and of course, the manual safety went along with it.
At the time I bought my 365/380 I could not find one with a manual safety.

All of my handful of 365 variants have a MS. First EDC since ~ 1983 with a MS, but I feel more comfortable with it, and find the 365 MS to be pretty darn good.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
The original for me.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Does this count as a hybrid? The lower was changed.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^And 'Trigger' too... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Does this count as a hybrid?

No. The basic configuration is unchanged. (Mine is just like that.)
The focus of the poll is on grip and slide sizes.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the P365X MS version. Although I'm yet to carry any firearm, (planning to aquire CCP soon) the question of MS was asked. At 66 years of age and using firearms most all my life, I find the MS compleatly natural.I am not comfortable with firearms without a MS, or a double action first pull.

I get that no safety on a carry gun makes for quick fireing without anything else but pulling the trigger to think about. Not for me, I'd rather have the additional layer of accidental discharge prtection.

Posts: 76 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 18, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eaganite:
I get that no safety on a carry gun makes for quick fireing without anything else but pulling the trigger to think about. Not for me, I'd rather have the additional layer of accidental discharge prtection.

I feel the same way. But even if I preferred to carry without the safety engaged I would engage it during holstering since that is the time many accidental discharges occur.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 954 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started with the original and loved it. Vision issues had me looking to add a red dot sight, and along comes the X slide. Bought one and carry it daily at work on the belt.
Bought a SAS slide to try and found that while not as accurate at distances, it was plenty accurate for most defensive purposes, and was a breeze to ankle or pocket carry. Added another frame I found on sale and now I have 2. Shoot them both, carry them both, but no manual saferty for me. I’m fine with keeping my finger off the trigger.

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post