SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which P365 version do you carry?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which P365 version do you carry? Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I've had the SAS version and carried it since I bought it in 2019. It took a minute to get used to the bullseye sight (I'm still way better with traditional sights), but I really like it.

My only complaints are that 1) I've got massive meat hooks and the SAS frame is tiny, and 2) that I couldn't seem to find the frame in desert until recently. In the interest of concealment, the tan of the Sig desert grip module and magazine extensions perfectly matches the tan color of the Deluth Trading Firehose pants that I wear every day. (I just need to get a piece of cloth to use as a color swatch to send with the holster to get Cerakoted for optimal appendix-carry concealment.) I'm going to buy a larger frame and transfer over the FCU at some point to make it "my" gun - I'll probably also buy an XL at some point as a range toy.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3346 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I’m glad this poll has resurfaced. Thanks for the recent responses.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47357 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Plain Jane 365 checks all the boxes for me and my needs in an EDC package.

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 365X and am very pleased with it.

Posts: 2055 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
I have the standard model and it gets the most carry time. Start with the standard, unless you plan on going with an optic, then the X model is your best bet.

Good thing about the 365, is you can change the grips from the standard to the XL and vise versa.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 365, 365X with Romeo, and a 365XL with Romeo. The old original 365 gets the most carry.

Posts: 932 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I finally gave in a bought a striker in a plain P365 with NS. The trigger is such a vast improvement over Glock triggers IMO. Previously, the only striker I liked was a HK P7. I’ve found I like the size and weight for concealed carry and it handles well enough. I bought the version with no safety. I’d like to shoot one of the over priced ported Spectre models.

Posts: 6002 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still trying to decide. Have 3!
Put wilson combat frames on all 3.
The base 365 is a good gun for really hot weather.
The 365X has a dot and I really prefer the dot.
The XL is kinda a big small gun when it gets cooler.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Had a 365 and couldn't shoot it worth a darn. Just too small for my hands.

Sold it and got a 43X MOS, even though I hate Glock triggers, and I was right, got rid of it.

So now that SIG has the 365X I'm thinking of trying one with a Wilson XL Grip. Also hoping the straighter trigger will also help.

Posts: 1340 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tiger 2 Tank
posted Hide Post
P365XL has to be my favorite pistol at this time that I shoot. I have two, almost got a third yesterday at a gun show. I’ll probably get a third one if I come across another one that’s barely used and mid $500 range like I did with my second one. My first one is brand new, never fired.

Posts: 968 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
365 with an XL grip swap.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently purchase P365. First impression is very nice. It just fits my hand. No problem. I wear reading glasses though I remain 20/10 after LASIK in 2004. Due to that, target acquisition is a bit slow with the hard sights. Installed CT/LG-422 (R). It was close but I dialed it in at 15m. I'll be doing much practice at 15-20. I see 7 at noting more than a point and shoot distance. My last Sig was a 250SC. Never cared for it and eventually sold it to my doc years ago. To date, he told me it's never been removed from the case. Speaking of "years ago", Magazines have just gone stupid. Reminds me of the Glock mag prices during Clinton. Not that terrible but bad enough. Purchased 2 extra 10-rounders a couple of days ago for 41.19 each + tax. After a brief online search, that appeared to be the best I could do at the moment. They have the extension. Perhaps I'm mistaken but I could swear the magazines without the extension were more expensive. Maybe not but that's my recollection. Makes no sense when see the prices for individual extension.

I currently have 1,000 rounds of basic 124gr to practice with. Yesterday was my initial session of becoming familiar, dialing in the laser, etc. Did 6 magazines (never had magazines as difficult to load). Glad I had my UpLula handy. I fairly quickly was grouping 1.5 - 2.0 inches at 15m. That was at a rate of 0.5 - 1.0 seconds.

My initial impression is this will likely be a keeper and my primary edc. I took a basic leather slide holster, soaked it, crammed a vitamin jar into the muzzle end and sat out in the sun for approx 8 hours. Not bad at all but the front sight was hanging a bit. Dremeled the **** out of the interior upper channel. Great fit not. I have an AlienGear Cloak Slide OWB on the way. Never one to leave well enough alone, I'm lightly considering ordering a Kydex kit and rolling my own.

Anyhow, glad to be back with SS and the forum once again.

FTR, same info posted in other Sig forum.

Posts: 19 | Location: Alabama | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
imashooter, give PJ Holsters a call or e-mail. He may be able to accommodate you. I've gotten three standard IWB holsters from him. Good designs, reasonable prices, huge variety of options and great CS.

He's sort of a semi-custom shop though. May be amenable to making something to specifically meet your needs.
https://pjholster.com/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
imashooter, give PJ Holsters a call or e-mail. He may be able to accommodate you. I've gotten three standard IWB holsters from him. Good designs, reasonable prices, huge variety of options and great CS.

He's sort of a semi-custom shop though. May be amenable to making something to specifically meet your needs.
https://pjholster.com/

Thanks buddy.

Posts: 19 | Location: Alabama | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post