SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig family photo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig family photo Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
P220 9MM 1977

P226 9mm 1990

P229 .40 cal. early 90s

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Nice.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
A great looking family for sure.

Nothing like classic Sigs, IMO.

Thank you for sharing.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet P220 ya got there.

Mine has the checkered aluminum grips.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Nice collection! I'll take that 90 226!

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Nice police p220! Great family group.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Love family photos.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1529 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas. If you'll notice the photo of the P229 shows a drop in 9mm barrel. I have since re installed the original .40 barrel. It had a non original box and 3 really nice magazines marked P229 .40/.357. So if I understand correctly I can buy a Sig .357 barrel and can shoot either calibler. Do you have to change the recoil spring or is the original .40 spring sufficent to shoot Sig .357 ? Thanks.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always liked the older P220 pistols. Just have a futuristic/classic look to them.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Nice collection!
I only have a 1989 226 and a 320 Carry.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one I like the best is the senior member of the family the 1977 9mm P-220.

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I always liked the older P220 pistols. Just have a futuristic/classic look to them.

Notice the pinched nose and fixed sight on this one. Until I found this one I didn't know these existed.

posted Hide Post
That P220 is magical.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
Thanks fellas. If you'll notice the photo of the P229 shows a drop in 9mm barrel. I have since re installed the original .40 barrel. It had a non original box and 3 really nice magazines marked P229 .40/.357. So if I understand correctly I can buy a Sig .357 barrel and can shoot either calibler. Do you have to change the recoil spring or is the original .40 spring sufficent to shoot Sig .357 ? Thanks.

same spring 40/357.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
airbubba, thanks for the confirmation. Smile

Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
That 220 is beautiful. I narrowly missed an opportunity to take home a 220 just like that almost for free a number of years ago. It was the most naturally accurate gun I've ever fired. I don't consider myself much of a marksman, but with it I felt like I couldn't miss.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Perception, this one shoots great as well. Been a while since I've had it out. I should take it for a spin soon. You inspired me to do so. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
a very nice collection, congratulations!!

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post