SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Sterling 12ga slugs and buckshot *now w/range report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sterling 12ga slugs and buckshot *now w/range report Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted
Turkish made, and still reasonably priced.

Example from ammoseek:
https://firearmsdepot.com/ster...rnado-slug-10rd-box/

Went ahead and ordered a box each of slugs (says 1 ounce, but youtube suggests more like 7/8th)and 00 buckshot (9 pellets, guessing full power)from the site linked above. Shipping fees kinda killed the deal, but this would be different with a bulkier order.

Shooting at an indoor range yesterday from unsupported standing gave the following results:

Slugs shot to the point of aim from 7 to 20 yards and felt like they'd make big owies. Didn't have a chronograph so I can't be more specific. There was a shot at 25 yards as well, but I had a siezure or something and it went way off target.

[/url]Sterling1ozslug7to20ydedit1[/IMG]

The buckshot loads were decent in my opinion:

[/url]Sterling00bk7ydedit1[/IMG]

[/url]Sterling00bk7and10ydedit1[/IMG]

Then I fired a couple of Rio full power 9 pellet buckshot loads that I bought a gob of locally:

[/url]Rio00bk7ydedit1[/IMG]

[/url]Rio00bk7and10ydedit1[/IMG]

Bottom line is that the Sterling ammo looks to be good to go for home defense at the ranges I'd be concerned with, but for buckshot I'm sticking with the Rio load since I have a bunch and it was a tad more concentrated at 10 yards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: apprentice,

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Bump to show new info.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the range report!

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the range follow up !

in the 'great ammo void' of 2020-2021 a lot of these lesser known brands have flooded the market

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post