SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    How Much 9mm In A Pallet?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Much 9mm In A Pallet? Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
My LGS buddy said the minimum amount of 9mm he can order from Winchester is a pallet. How many cases in a pallet?

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ask your buddy?

Posts: 192 | Registered: June 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
He wasn't sure and asked me. He had never ordered that much 9mm before. I think he has ordered pallets of 12 gauge for clay birds.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure if there is an official measurement of a pallet but I have seen pallets of Winchester 9mm with 200,000 rounds. 200 cases

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
My LGS buddy said the minimum amount of 9mm he can order from Winchester is a pallet. How many cases in a pallet?

I think the important question is "how much per thousand round " can he purchase it at ? That pretty much will tell him if he can sell it and make a reasonable profit. JMO.

Posts: 931 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Academy Sports used to sell Blazer Aluminum 9mm for just under $5 a box of 50. (This was 15 years ago.) I don't know how many times I wished I had bought a pallet back then.

Can you imagine? $20K for 200K rounds?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Academy Sports used to sell Blazer Aluminum 9mm for just under $5 a box of 50. (This was 15 years ago.) I don't know how many times I wished I had bought a pallet back then.

Correction, Blazer Aluminum was $3.99/box back then. Brass 9mm was commonly available at Academy and Walmart for $5/box.

I remember during the Obama administration guys balking at paying 25cpr for 9mm. Seems so humorously quaint considering how guys now would jump on a pallet for 25cpr.

Posts: 3184 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:

Correction, Blazer Aluminum was $3.99/box back then. Brass 9mm was commonly available at Academy and Walmart for $5/box.

I remember during the Obama administration guys balking at paying 25cpr for 9mm. Seems so humorously quaint considering how guys now would jump on a pallet for 25cpr.

Okay, make the pallet $16K.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d be happy to sell you and your LGS buddy less than a pallet! Big Grin Group buy closes soon!!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
When I first started buying aluminum Blazer it was 3.86 per box. I had to drive from central Illinois to Nashville to get it. However, I was driving to Talladega twice a year, so I stocked up each time on my way through town. Several time I called ahead to have some set aside, but that never worked. The person I would talk to was never there the day I was.

One year, I was the only guy at the track with a Sig, 3 magazines and 8242 rds of ammo.

quote:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: maxwayne,

Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Shotgun shell pallets are 96 cases from RIO. I believe Winchester 9mm is in the neighborhood of 70 cases average. It is Important to know which SKU he is talking about. Most of their stuff comes in 500 round cases, some in 1000, some in 1200, etc.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would say your limited to the weight a pallet jack can move in a semi trailer. Average pallet jack can lift 5500 lbs. Lets say 50lb for a 1000 round case of 9mm. You would be looking at about 110 cases.

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I used to do the ammo ordering for my department. We purchased from a large distributor who often stacked their own pallets, and at the time, we weren't buying much 9mm as we were shooting primarily 40cal.

However, on a few occasions they would have factory pallets dropped shipped from the manufacturer or importer. I remember getting Magtec at 50 cases to pallet, but the packaging was not an efficient, compact style.

Another time we got a pallet of PRVI PARTIZAN that was very very compact and dense packaging. They cases were tiny for holding 1000 rounds. I think that one that one had around 75k rounds on it.

My biggest single shipment was 7 pallets of mixed goods.

Posts: 6360 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw this ad on another forum yesterday and at $.56 a round that comes out to $71,680.00.

Pallets of PMC "X-TAC" 55grain 5.56 NATO available for delivery. $0.56 cents per round delivered. One pallet is 128,000 rounds packaged in 1000 round cases.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
When I first started buying aluminum Blazer it was 3.86 per box.

I remember those days at Academy.
Anecdote 1. A friend picked up a case of Blazer at the gun counter and took it to checkout. It scanned for $3.86. He said "That is the price for a box, I have a case of 20 boxes." The clerk insisted that the computer was right, and would not summon the manager, so he quit arguing and took his 19 free boxes home.

Anecdote 2. I had a case and a half of Blazers in the closet at the time of the Incident with house fire. They LOOKED ok, after the boxes dried out, most would fire. But many of the aluminum cases split. A friend at the range saw flash out the ejection port. I stopped shooting but not in time to avoid a scored chamber that had to be polished.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
My LGS owner buddy got a pallet in yesterday and it was 100 cases (500 rds) of Winchester 9mm.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: maxwayne,