SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Mag Tech ammo?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mag Tech ammo? Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted
Is Mag Tech ammo good?
Thanks

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All good for me.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
I have shot a lot of it over the years, both pistol (.38 spl, 9mm), and rifle (7.62x51mm), and never a problem.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mag Tech ammo goes bang when I pull the trigger. It leaves more carbon fouling that many brands. It's not match ammo.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I went through a 1K round case of 124gr 9mm MagTech last year. I consider it good ammo. A Shadow Systems I shot didn't like it for some reason.

For 10mm, they're one of the few companies that puts out a decent loading.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have seen a significant amount of the 9mm load fired recently with no issues.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
No complaints in 9mm or 10mm here.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problems here with what I have shot. 38 special revolver ammo.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
The .40 is stout and don’t work well in my gun. The 9mm is good.

It’s not my favorite brass case to reload otherwise I’d still use it.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
I like it in 38 Super and .38 Special.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We used them for range ammo on the recreational range when I was stationed in Germany. For thee most part they ran fine in 9mm, .38, 45 and .44 from what I can recall. I can only recall one or two duds, no kabooms. I've also used them in .38 SPC and 9mm here in the states. Their 158 .38 SPC seemed a little hot last time I shot it.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used Magtech .380, 9mm, and 5.56. It has all been reliable and reasonably accurate.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
MagTech is my preferred hunting round in my .44 mag revolver. For whatever reason it shoots the best for me (and I've shot many other mfgrs through it).

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I've used a lot of 9mm and .45, no issues

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thousands of rounds in pistol ammo, 9MM and never had an issue. It’s my go to range ammo for training.

quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Is Mag Tech ammo good?
Thanks

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
MagTech is one of the cheaper boxes around these parts. I've used most centerfire calibers without any issues. I enjoy the 124GR 9mm, runs flawless.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
In the 2000 rounds my agency has used, I've seen two duds, but I have already had one dud in a couple of hundred Winchester training quality cartridges.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
It think it is excellent in 9x19, .380 and .45 acp.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had good results with Magtec 9mm, .380, and 5.56. No failures or issues.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Ruger GP100 in 44 Spl that came with a factory sight in target. They used Magtech 240 gr. FMJ.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post