SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Large rectangular can with 1260 rds of South African 308 in battle packs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Large rectangular can with 1260 rds of South African 308 in battle packs Login/Join 
posted
This stuff:

https://www.ammunitiontogo.com...ican-in-battle-packs

Has anyone noticed four small (maybe 4mm) holes in the bottom near each corner? I just did and I'm puzzled. I bought the full can about 15 years ago, I still have a few boxes left but they're now in M2A1 cans. Today I gave the empty can to a pal, who noticed the four holes in the bottom. Why add holes to a can with a rubber gasket???

Posts: 15895 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Likely drain holes.

The battlepacks are sealed, so the outer container doesn't need to be. It's just for easier storage and handling, and impact protection.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post