SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    30 SuperCarry status
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

30 SuperCarry status Login/Join 
posted
SO,, it's been about a year since 30SuerCarry came out. How has it taken the market? Is ti dead already?

Posts: 691 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I see a bunch of ammo on the store shelves around us, but have not seen or heard of anyone shooting it at my range.

Posts: 2949 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have found two pieces of brass at local range.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not unexpected. It's hard to break into the market with a brand new handgun caliber these days.

Besides, the caliber has only been available on the market for less than a year, being announced at SHOT Show in January and only actually hitting stores a few months later. And to my knowledge, there's still only two mass production pistols from one lone manufacturer chambered in .30 Super (S&W Shield EZ and Shield Plus), which greatly limits its market reach.

I could easily see it quickly going the way of the old S&W .356TSW or the .45 GAP, both of which are now defunct. (And .45 GAP only held on as long as it did because Glock was offering massive discounts to law enforcement agencies to adopt .45 GAP duty guns.)

.357 Sig is the exception to this trend, not the norm. .327 Magnum has also seen some success, but is still very much a niche round.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I recently got my father some of the Shield Arms magazines for his G43, and wondered how many .30sc could fit in them.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I recently got my father some of the Shield Arms magazines for his G43, and wondered how many .30sc could fit in them.

For the S&W Shield Plus, the 9mm magazines hold 10 or 13, and the 30 Super Carry magazines hold 13 or 16.

Similarly, for the S&W Shield EZ, the 9mm magazines hold 8, and the 30 Super Carry magazines hold 10.

So the answer would appear to be: about 3 more.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I know is I swept up a bunch of it someone left behind when I was sweeping up the 9mm I shot for cleaning and reloading fits nicely in a 9mm case and has to be pulled apart o it doesn’t get jammed together w/ media in the tumbler.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
All I know is I swept up a bunch of it someone left behind when I was sweeping up the 9mm I shot for cleaning and reloading fits nicely in a 9mm case and has to be pulled apart o it doesn’t get jammed together w/ media in the tumbler.

And that's exactly the thing that I hate about the .40...my 9mm always gets jammed inside it. Just what we needed...another caliber to do that!

I have encountered exactly one .30 Super Carry case so far...it was in a batch of used .32 S&W Long that I bought from an online retailer. I guess locally we're just a bunch of fudds... nobody's shooting the fancy new caliber, or at least if they are they're not leaving their brass.

Posts: 8539 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try reloading the .45 Colt. It swallows just about every other handgun cartridge. :-)

Posts: 327 | Location: Frankfort, Kentucky.  | Registered: November 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
My brother-in-law recently bought an S&W Shield EZ in .30 Super Carry and he likes it.

We shot about half a box of ammo through it, and I will say that it shoots well, it's accurate, and is very controllable.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
L'm skipping the 30 Super The 7.62x25 Tokarev will have to fill the niche at a much lower price.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1552 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The last couple of times I've been to Academy and Rural King, there was fairly plentiful range (FMJ) ammo on the shelves, priced about a dollar higher than 9mm.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We bought one shield ez 30 sc when they first came out. I knew it was a bad idea, but we sell a lot of EZ’s so figured I’d give it a whirl.

Took a while, but finally sold it and never bought another one.

The guy that bought it is a regular customer and he likes it. I just think it’s hard to introduce a new round into the market.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post