SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Made a mistake, ordered the wrong ammo!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Made a mistake, ordered the wrong ammo! Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
In a hurry and clicked the wrong button, and FAILED to verify my order before hitting the CONFIRM ORDER button.

I now have a 1000 rounds of Blazer Aluminum 115gr 9mm. I wanted BRASS.

Hope this stuff is OK for range ammo.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
It will be fine.

Posts: 26846 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Do you reload? If not then the only difference between aluminum and brass case is about $1 per 50.

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Just think ,you will not have to pick up brass for the next thousand shots Wink

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It shoots fine. Its range ammo. Just learn from your mistakes...

Posts: 17155 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Just think ,you will not have to pick up brass for the next thousand shots Wink

or be harassed by old-guy 'brass pick-up vulture' while at the range

no issues with Blazer aluminum ... have shot cases over the years

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have fired about a gazillion rounds of it, and because a box of 1000 is noticeably lighter than the brass cased stuff I prefer it.

In recent times, though, my favorite vendor hasn’t carried it. Where did you find it?

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
SGAMMO

I have fired literally hundreds of pounds of .38 special and .45 acp aluminum cases, this will be my first with 9mm.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I've shot a lot of Blazer aluminum in both 9mm and .45ACP, and it's good to go. It leaves a little bit of black on your fingers from stuffing it into magazines, but no worse that a lot of brass cased stuff does.

Posts: 7241 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I will have to look there again. I didn't remember seeing it at SG the last time I bought 9mm.

Correction: Now I found it. Thanks.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Do you reload? If not then the only difference between aluminum and brass case is about $1 per 50.

and it won't run in my CZ 75, it will either stove pipe or fail to chamber every other round for some reason but never has a failure with brass and it smells of ammonia when you shoot it. But it's ok range ammo in everything else Ive shot it in.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I've shot it in the past but it's not as easily cleaned off the breechface, etc as brass.
I've also reloaded it with no problems. It's boxer primed.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
I goofed up also and bought Steel Case I hope the 226 likes the stuff

Posts: 1594 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
I've shot it in the past but it's not as easily cleaned off the breechface, etc as brass.

Yeah, I don't think so. Blazer ammo is Berdan primed specifically to prevent people from trying to reload it.

I suspect you reloaded Blazer Brass ammo, which is reloadable and is Boxer primed, according to the Blazer website.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
Blazer ammo is Berdan primed specifically to prevent people from trying to reload it.

Not all of it. It seemed that all loads were Berdan primed at one time, but in recent years I have regularly seen CCI aluminum cases with a single central flash hole, and I have read more than once of people who have reloaded the cases.

6.4/93.6

— Leo Tolstoy

posted Hide Post
quote:
and it wo

All the cases I have seen are Bxer primed and just because I have reloaded a few cases and it reloads just fine with normal range/target level loads. I've reloaded a few up to 4 times without any function issues. I call that the limit though since I cant determine when the metal might get brittle. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, I'v just told you it can be done, but why go out on that limb yourself when good and once fired BRASS cases are so cheap and available.?

Posts: 42 | Location: E.S. of MD. | Registered: June 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:

Yeah, I don't think so. Blazer ammo is Berdan primed specifically to prevent people from trying to reload it.

I suspect you reloaded Blazer Brass ammo, which is reloadable and is Boxer primed, according to the Blazer website.

I know the difference between brass and aluminum Wink

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

If your range prohibits it, you are screwed.

My local indoor range will not allow aluminum or steel case ammo to be used, it's got to be brass.

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aluminum should be not be a problem when shooting
I never had a problem with it,and would shoot it because of the price.

Ranges who sell their brass do not like it because when it is mixed with regular brass cases the range gets less money for the scrap

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

If your range prohibits it, you are screwed.

My local indoor range will not allow aluminum or steel case ammo to be used, it's got to be brass.

My local indoor range won’t let us shoot anything except brass as well, but if your range allows it then you should be fine

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post