SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Seeing more ammo in stock in KY $11.99 9mm FEB 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeing more ammo in stock in KY $11.99 9mm FEB 22 Login/Join 
Picture of redlickranch
posted
https://images.kygunco.com/Tax_Time/Tax_Time.pdf

Stopped in today to pick up some .22 lr, but I did see 9mm from $11.99 and $12.99 a box.

Some pretty good buys....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: redlickranch,

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the ammo market is finally starting to loosen up as I have been getting email blast from wholesale ammunition sellers out of state for the last couple weeks so they're clearly trying to move product that isn't moving on its own.

Posts: 81 | Location: Southern California  | Registered: April 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Plenty of ammo in stock around here, but no primers.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Its still insane. OK, I'm old and I've been hoarding and reloading most of my life. That means teen years and now well into retirement. I stumble into my gun room and fall over shit. I've spent my life hoarding and keeping stuff. There's no way I'll ever shoot it all, and I'm fine with that. The ad's shown are in the $1 a round range. That's no bargain. Closer to highway robbery.

Maybe if I were still young, stupid and out of ammo I might. I can't ever remember a hunting season where I ended it with less ammo than I started. So we're back to basics. Never fire all your ammo, unless you've got to do it to survive. Aim. It does wonders for hitting.

I keep saying I'm from another era. Its why I learned to reload. There were some calibers I didn't bother with. Like 8mm Mauser. Because it was available in the 1960s for under a dime a round. My father even suggested I take up pulling bullets and sticking a soft point back inside.

So the point here is that I fired a whole bunch of 8mm on the cheap. I was poor so I aimed even back in the day. If I want to see ammo in stock, I head down into the basement/dungeon. Those who are out of ammo would be well advised to stock up, but not at today's prices.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I would love to see some primers at something other than the Devils prices at gunshows. Shit is beyond old.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
I would love to see some primers at something other than the Devils prices at gunshows. Shit is beyond old.

I'm in great shape for primers as I stocked up after the first great primer shortage years ago, but it's still annoying.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Hit Cabelas today and shelves looked good, but prices are still higher than Walmart and some online dealers. Most hunting calibers in stock that I have seen in a while. No 30-30 at this location, but did find several kinds of 30-06, 308, and .243. Bunch of 9mm at roughly $20 per box for ball.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hit Cabelas today and shelves looked good, but prices are still higher than Walmart and some online dealers.

I'm seeing that as well (Bass Pro, Bristol, TN).

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Checked out Academy Sports in Louisville. Shelves look good, but prices still high. Didn't see much in the deer hunting calibers (7mm-08, 25-06, 7mm Mag, 300 Win mag)

Lots of 9mm, 22 lr and 5.56.

NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Its still insane. OK, I'm old and I've been hoarding and reloading most of my life. That means teen years and now well into retirement. I stumble into my gun room and fall over shit. I've spent my life hoarding and keeping stuff. There's no way I'll ever shoot it all, and I'm fine with that. The ad's shown are in the $1 a round range. That's no bargain. Closer to highway robbery.

Maybe if I were still young, stupid and out of ammo I might. I can't ever remember a hunting season where I ended it with less ammo than I started. So we're back to basics. Never fire all your ammo, unless you've got to do it to survive. Aim. It does wonders for hitting.

I keep saying I'm from another era. Its why I learned to reload. There were some calibers I didn't bother with. Like 8mm Mauser. Because it was available in the 1960s for under a dime a round. My father even suggested I take up pulling bullets and sticking a soft point back inside.

So the point here is that I fired a whole bunch of 8mm on the cheap. I was poor so I aimed even back in the day. If I want to see ammo in stock, I head down into the basement/dungeon. Those who are out of ammo would be well advised to stock up, but not at today's prices.

I just found my new BEST FRIEND on this forum. A gentleman that reads to have traveled down the same road I have that continues today. rburg - it is a pleasure to meet you.

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Nice sale at KYgunco just hit.

I picked up some .22 subs.

NRA Life Member

Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
I remember paying this for 9mm "CCI Blazer Brass 9mm Luger Ammo 115 Grain FMJ 1000 Rounds Bulk Loose Pack
$169.99" and free shipping Roll Eyes

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post