SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    HST 150gr ???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HST 150gr ??? Login/Join 
posted
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone has shot much the Federal HST 150gr 9mm MICRO gun ammo yet ?

A buddy just got a Glock 43 and was asking me about my SD ammo. I told him to look at the 124 and 147gr HST line which is what I have been using. He came back with the 150gr HST which I was unaware of.

Have watched a few test vids and they all seem to mention a reduced felt recoil.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
They only sell them in the 20 round boxes as far as I know. That's $1 per round, compared to the 40 cents per round of the 147 grain stuff in the 50 round boxes. The 147 grain stuff just flat out works, so that's where I would spend my money.

20 rd boxes are for retail gun stores and Walmart. Mail order your ammo by the half case or case and save money. That's my motto.

Posts: 6659 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used it reliably. The ballistic tests between 147 gr & 150 gr are quite similar.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I tried it out in my 938, 43 and 365.

While it cycled just fine for me, the groups weren't quite as tight as they were with 124gr HSTs, so I stayed with the 124s.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have and it works fine. However, performance is very similar ro 147 gr HST.

Go look at the numerous ballistic tests on YouTube.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An FBI buddy gave me 500 rounds of Ranger T LE use only 9mm (124 grains, slightly over-pressured) years ago and I finally broke it out to shoot in my Beretta 92FS Centurion.

I *liked* it. I'm not a fan of 147 grain and I like 124 much more than the common 115 grain, which I still have a lot of. For that and my BHP, I think I'm sticking with 124.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batty67,

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post