Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo storage Login/Join 
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I bought one of these for ammo storage. You can actually fit more than you think.

SAFE

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I also recently purchased a old nonfunctioning Coke machine that I plan on gutting out and storing ammo in it.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and go buy some of the $16 ones. If they're still $16.

At the local Rural King store, they're 18 bucks. They're Chinese, though. Roll Eyes
At the local surplus store, they're genuine, and they're $25.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and go buy some of the $16 ones. If they're still $16.

At the local Rural King store, they're 18 bucks. They're Chinese, though. Roll Eyes
At the local surplus store, they're genuine, and they're $25.

Somebody followed up my post with a link to a Walmart page. I clicked on the link and found a .50 ammo can for $12.74. On the same page was another price, also for a .50 ammo can, for about double that price. I assume the cheaper one was a Chinese knockoff. I didn't buy any. I just clicked the link again today and the page is still there, but only the knockoff one now.

I did go back to that surplus store a couple weeks ago, they still had the same somewhat rusty .50 cans for $15. I bought a half dozen of them this time.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned Clean-Ammo-Cans

Much better ammo cans than the cheap Chinese knockoffs you see at Walmart, etc.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
ensigmatic, Thank You for the link!

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" Contain the pressure " ? That's funny . Big Grin
Anyway , spend the money and buy U.S. GI cans . Mine went under 4 feet of water and stayed dry inside .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Timely and informative thread. I have heen looking for ammo cans as well.

Ordered from your suggested site, ensigmatic....Thanks to all!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep my ammo in ammo cans, in a closet.

You could get yourself a couple of wall lockers with padlocks and store the ammo cans in there.

quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
Do have a toddler grandchild so protection is an issue. Didn't plan on having strangers in my basement and then the furnace died which meant someone I could not watch all day. In today's world I take precautions I wouldn't have considered a decade ago.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Job site box is on my list. "Most" of mine is in the workshop connected to my garage in cans or original cases: 1/3 in a metal foot locker; 1/3 in in a large rolling plastic bin, the rest in cans on top of both. Realized other day termite inspector probably saw more than he needs to. The job site box should look relatively normal in the workshop.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
An older friend sold his house and downsized into a 2 bedroom apartment. He had one of those cheap Stak-0n gun safes that are really just a locking cabinet. I gutted it and repainted it, then added shelf brackets and 3/4" plywood for shelves. The OEM locks were toast, so I put a pair of hasps over the keyholes. It has a set of small drawers that are perfect for spare magazines, and enough shelves for my ammo.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I need to find another solution. I'm running out of room.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: walker77,

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post