Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo storage Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Disagree with redleg 2/9 ammo should be kept in original factory boxes. Ammo recalls are more common these days and when you dump loose ammo in cans you have no idea of the lot number if a r3call occurs. I have also seen people loose dump ammo in cans from several different manufacturers and if your gun acts up when shooting this mixed bag stuff makes it harder to isolate which ammo may have been problematic
Mine stays in factory boxes in ammo cans, all but the match grade 22 is stored in my garage.

Posts: 2882 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I bought one of these for ammo storage. You can actually fit more than you think.

SAFE

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2001 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I also recently purchased a old nonfunctioning Coke machine that I plan on gutting out and storing ammo in it.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2001 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and go buy some of the $16 ones. If they're still $16.

At the local Rural King store, they're 18 bucks. They're Chinese, though. Roll Eyes
At the local surplus store, they're genuine, and they're $25.

God bless America.

Posts: 11144 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post