SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Holy cow, I'm rich!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy cow, I'm rich! Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
I found about 120 rounds of 9mm FMJ I didn't know I had in a range bag!

My stash is a little larger than I thought.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
Don't spend all your wealth in one sitting!!! Big Grin

Posts: 3395 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Invest it wisely in a diversified growth-oriented mutual fund, and through the magic of compound ammo, by the time you're 65 you could have 1.2 million rounds.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been practicing ammo cost averaging for the past, oh...twenty years.

Posts: 15895 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Calculating Cooling
Capacity In Hell
Picture of sig239srt
posted Hide Post
Better than Gold these days

Posts: 2625 | Location: AZ | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
through the magic of compound ammo

"Engorgio ammo!" Smile

Posts: 14995 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
through the magic of compound ammo

"Engorgio ammo!" Smile

No, that'll just make it bigger. You want the "Duplicata" spell.

(And it's EnGORgio, not EngorGIO.)

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Given to me by a friend last night, felt like bag of gold

Posts: 5290 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now THAT is a good friend!! Congrats!!

Posts: 6599 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
What are you going to do with all those empty boxes..... Razz

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
What empty boxes? Please explain

Posts: 5290 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
The way those boxes are stacked they look empty..... that is all.

Did you see this guy Razz Razz

It usually means the comment is in jest

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Yes, got it.

The damaged boxes do bother me, what to do? Range time Smile

Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Spent a few hours last night going through my range bag, ammo cans, and boxes stashed on different shelves at the house. Consolidated and re-organized, got all loose and partial boxes sorted and made room in my storage safe to maximize. Found more ammo than I thought I had i.e. box of 1000 blazer in bottom of my gun safe under stack of other stuff. Live in Florida so getting ammo in ammo cans makes a difference in lifespan. Doing this let me inventory and I’m good for a while on most calibers. Found you can fit 1200 rounds of 5.7 boxes in a .30 cal ammo can. 2400 round of WMR in a .50 can.

Those habits of buying a bit of extra after every range trip paid off - though I’ll still focus on .22 at the range with some range time on other calibers. Crazy prices now hoping it comes down.

BTW - also found this cool gadget to monitor safe humidity, GOVEE a little $35 gadget that hooks up to home WiFi and then use your phone to monitor temp/humidity in safes. Works well even with safe closed.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Some discoveries over the last few years (or so). There is a difference between how much will fit and how much you can easily lift. Ammo cans are more than just organizers. They also serve as protectors. If I can't easily lift it, its a problem. That means I don't want to pull a muscle trying to work a can full of ammo out of a safe or storage place. Ammo cans can only easily be stacked on one another, and its pretty easy to go too high. Like about 5 is as high as I want to go. A nice board will work under the bottom of them. Labels are pretty good, too. The little paint rollers (ball point paint markers). I have no idea how to remove the markings. I've got a great stencil cutter, but its in the garage and a pain to move around.

Another thing is to make a row/stack of empty cans. More than 5 high. That way you don't bother with them. If you seek a certain caliber, don't bother with any in the higher stack. With reloads, be sure to include the bullet weight on the front (the place where you marked the caliber) It makes a difference with .45-70 between 300 and 405 grain.

One moral to the story is that it doesn't matter how many will fit, its more about how much you can lift without pain. Because its your/my pain, it is important.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post