SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Paul Harrell, 38 special ammo test.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paul Harrell, 38 special ammo test. Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted
New 38 special ammo tests.

Posts: 1550 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I watched most, FF’d a little. Some nice points to consider.

That little said, I’m one who doesn’t feel the need to always have the highest cost ‘defensive’ ammo loaded for carry. If I had FMJ, so be it. Of course the 38 spcl can use all the help it can get.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No surprises.

I carry a 2" S&W Model 64 .38 Spl frequently. I do not expect the velocities or terminal performance that might be achieved by longer barrels, and certainly not what the advertising hype suggests.

It is what it is. Those who expect miraculous performance from any ammunition type are probably engaged in wishful thinking.

My choices are based on personal needs. Multiple surgeries (wrist, elbow, shoulder) have limited my choices, and my 50 years experience with DA revolvers make these choices a realistic solution for me.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post