Find
Notify
Tools

Wolf 308 ammo Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted
What is everyone's opinion on Wolfs 308 ammo?

Im considering using it in my 308 AR.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I'm not big into 'Wolf' ammo, but I'm sure it would be fine for many uses.

Look at a big seller like SGammo & compare. Much of the time it's only a bit more to get something with better reviews. I bought some bulk Australian ammo (AQI?) from SG that was on sale for the M1A, great reviews.

I do think most ammo from Russia is much improved over 30 years ago, even so, those previous opinions still linger.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Savings is around .20 cents a round.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Some(a lot) of that Wolf ammo is in 'nonreloadable' cases. That's usually a no-go for me too.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
It shoots fine out of my Windham .308. Functions perfect. 2-3 MOA, which is fine for plinking ammo. And MUCH cheaper than brass case, so more shots down range.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
It shoots fine out of my Windham .308. Functions perfect. 2-3 MOA, which is fine for plinking ammo. And MUCH cheaper than brass case, so more shots down range.

Thanks, this was the info I was looking for.