SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Revolver rounds - is everyone else scarce on .38?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Revolver rounds - is everyone else scarce on .38? Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
.357 Magnum, not cheap but available.

Link 357 Mag

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't reload or want too.

I just purchased a few boxes of .38 wad cutters and .38 from Freedom Munitions (online). Not cheap to buy .38 from anyone but Freedom .38 was available and I purchase a lot of other ammo from them as well.

.357 defense HP is really in short supply everywhere.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walked into the Sportsman's Warehouse today and they had a couple of boxes of .357 158 gr JSP which I bought. They also had some .38 which was astonishing.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m about to start loading 357 Mag because the 125 JHP prices are still ridiculous. Its been nearly 2.5 years since I have seen any stock of 357 JHPs around here. I have 3 357 mag pistols that are rarely getting shot now due to lack of ammo

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
https://www.sgammo.com/catalog...sale/38-special-ammo

Good selection at sgammo, trustworthy company.

Posts: 6126 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to agree with the others. It doesn't get much easier loading .38 and .357. W231 has been easy to find. 2400, not so much. I've been using magnum small pistol primers for both, as it's all I have been able to find locally. It doesn't seem to make any difference with .38.

I got tired of neglecting my wheel guns for lack of available ammo. Even if I could find it, it was stupid expensive compared to what it would cost to make my own. I only wish I had started years earlier.

Posts: 5 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: August 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
If still looking there is ammo in stock at PSA, current special is 300 rds PMC fpr $130.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1987 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post