SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    First Look: Fed Premium .22 LR Punch Defense Ammo UPDATED Aug 29, 2022
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Look: Fed Premium .22 LR Punch Defense Ammo UPDATED Aug 29, 2022 Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I took a few guns for my niece to try out, one was a Browning 1911-22, semi-auto. She doesn’t like blast or recoil, liked the 22 the best. The others were mostly 38 special and a 380.

Anyway, most of the 22 ammo I had was CCI ‘Velocitor’, which at times gets compared to Federal Punch and has been mentioned as defense ammo(22 mention).

This 1911-22 has mostly cycled everything, but it didn’t like the CCI Velociter ammo. I could seldom get through 3 without a failure to feed.

I came home, got another magazine, then tested CCI with Winchester & Federal standard ammo. For reliability the Win & Federal bulk ammo ran circles around the CCI. This was also after ensuring the gun was clean & lubed.

I also noticed the ejection of the CCI was at least 1/3 further than the other 2. I wasn’t really checking accuracy, all seemed acceptable.

I know it’s common sense, just a reminder that 22’s, especially semi-autos can be finicky with ammo.

https://www.cci-ammunition.com...locitor_hp/6-47.html

Posts: 6167 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post