SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Can anyone identify this 40 S&W round?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone identify this 40 S&W round? Login/Join 
posted
It looks as though it has a "sleeve" on the bottom. Only printing is SB 40SW.
I am about half afraid to shoot this till I know what it is... got in a trade...

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
40 G&A or 40 G&A Magnum?

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
SB may be Sellier and Bellot ???

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to tell but that might be a round made with an SST NAS3 case (Shell Shock Technologies). Check their website and see if you think it matches in appearance. They make some sort of special two-part case that’s presumably stronger, better, etc.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
40 G&A Magnum cartridge:

https://revivaler.com/40-ga-pistol-cartridge/

Although hopefully the belt would prevent the cartridge from fully chambering properly in a 40 S&W barrel and therefore the disconnector of most pistols would prevent it from firing, I certainly would not try. I suspect it might be a desirable item for a cartridge collector.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It SHOULDN'T work in your gun, and you don't want it to.

There might be some collectors value to that stuff, you might want to look into it, throw it up on a G-broker auction and see what happens. It might not happen fast, but you never know.

Posts: 21039 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone... this is just the strangest thing I have come across.... and I'm an old guy, LOL...

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post