SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Inquiry on Blazer ammo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inquiry on Blazer ammo Login/Join 
Picture of tomford693
posted
It seems all I can find for .357 JHP are Blazer brand ammo...actually Blazer and Blazer Brass. Is this ammo any good?

Posts: 6 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
357 Sig or 357 magnum? Blazer is decent practice ammo, not great for personal defense. What are you shooting it out of, and what is the intended purpose of the ammo?

Posts: 2960 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CCI Blazer does not produce .357 Sig ammo Suomi assume you are looking for .357 mag.

There is a lot out there. Check out AmoSeek.com.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
If the question is, is Blazer good ammo, then I can say I have shot a lot of their 9mm, both aluminum and brass, as range ammo for years now, have had no issues and am very satisfied.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Agreed, both Blazer and Blazer Brass are fine reliable range ammo. I can't speak to the effectiveness of the .357 JHP as a SD load though, I never looked into it.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tomford693
posted Hide Post
It's basically for testing only

Posts: 6 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tomford693
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
CCI Blazer does not produce .357 Sig ammo Suomi assume you are looking for .357 mag.

There is a lot out there. Check out AmoSeek.com.

I'll check them out, much appreciated.

Picture of tomford693
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
357 Sig or 357 magnum? Blazer is decent practice ammo, not great for personal defense. What are you shooting it out of, and what is the intended purpose of the ammo?

It's basically just for testing

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Blazer, whether aluminum- or brass-cased (.357 Magnum is most likely aluminum), in general, is good practice/plinking/"blastin'" ammo, but should be reserved for that purpose. I think I had somewhat sticky case extraction with it in one of my revolvers, but this was decades ago and I might be mis-remembering.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post