Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo Bore Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
Is anyone carrying this ammo in their j frame? I have been considering Buffalo Bore for a while and found some online. It is pricey but available.

I am just looking for penetration and not expansion. I will test POI/POA.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Coincidentally I just got in a few boxes of their standard pressure .45 Colt for the 1858 Remington that is now expected to be in mid-August Roll Eyes . I had to fight a gag reflex on seeing the price+shipping, but they do have ammunition, and Buffalo Bore has always done right by my needs. I'm sure it'll do well for you, too.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Yep. 25.00 for shipping!

quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
Coincidentally I just got in a few boxes of their standard pressure .45 Colt for the 1858 Remington that is now expected to be in mid-August Roll Eyes . I had to fight a gag reflex on seeing the price+shipping, but they do have ammunition, and Buffalo Bore has always done right by my needs. I'm sure it'll do well for you, too.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Shhh…

Buffalo Bore has been my secret ammo supplier for a while now Big Grin

I just stocked up on their version of the old FBI load, the 158 grain 38 special +p LSWCHP. That’s been my go to 38 load for decades now.

And I really like Buffalo Bore. I get some Cold Steel vibes from the owner but I love that they provide multiple real world velocities and such from multiple firearms with multiple barrel lengths instead of the single gun all the major manufacturers use.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup!! That’s what I carry on the daily! Super accurate out of my 360pd.

Posts: 198 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Its what I carry in my G20 in bear country.

https://www.buffalobore.com/in...product_detail&p=394

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Its what I carry in my G20 in bear country.

https://www.buffalobore.com/in...product_detail&p=394

I carry it in my Ruger Alaskan in bear country.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
If/When I get a lightweight 5 shot .38 Special snub nose that will likely be my cold weather carry load. Nyclads in warm weather where I think expansion is possible and desired. Full Wadcutter in cold weather where penetration is king. I suspect that load will have a higher POI due to its somewhat stout charge and heavier weight than the 125-130gr. ammo.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post