SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Republic Training and Range Ammo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Republic Training and Range Ammo Login/Join 
posted
Who makes this stuff? Is it any good? The price is right. Target USA is selling it.

Posts: 17224 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Who makes this stuff?

Putin's cousin:

Republic Training and Range ™ 7.62x39mm Ammo 123 Grain FMJ Lacquered Steel Case ammo review offers the following information; Republic Training and Range ™ is made in Russia and offers a premium quality ammo products at low bargain sale prices featuring steel casings and berdan primers. One of the most well-known rifle cartridges around the world, the 7.62x39 is an intermediate rifle cartridge that was developed by the Soviets during World War II. The 7.62x39 cartridge is synonymous with the AK-47, SKS rifles and the RPD and RPK light machine guns. 7.62x39 is a .30 caliber cartridge that provides good range performance along with solid terminal ballistics.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I bought 500 rounds of it two weeks ago from Target Sports. Haven't shot any of it yet, so no comments there.

Looks like standard commie stuff, just lacquer coated, which isn't quite the norm these days. Don't like the packaging, since it's totally unlike any other combloc 7.62, so it messes up my storage scheme. Roll Eyes

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks let me know how it cycles. It says Range ammo so maybe they are giving us a heads up.

Posts: 17224 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any update on how this x39 ammo shoots?

Posts: 19 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: December 31, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I bought 500 rounds of it two weeks ago from Target Sports. Haven't shot any of it yet, so no comments there.

Looks like standard commie stuff, just lacquer coated, which isn't quite the norm these days. Don't like the packaging, since it's totally unlike any other combloc 7.62, so it messes up my storage scheme. Roll Eyes

Any reports how this shoots?
I just ordered 1000rds as the Russia/Ukraine mess escalates in fear this may not be available much longer as other Russian manufactured ammo is be retracted.

Posts: 19 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: December 31, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post