SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    6.5 Creedmore for deer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 Creedmore for deer Login/Join 
Picture of abnmacv
posted
Range no farther than 200 yards shots most likely within 100yards. Suggested bullet weight?

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1532 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
140 gn. My Savage bolt action likes Remington Core Lokt.

Fits right in with the old standby of either 150 gn 30-06 or 130 gn 270 win.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Norma White Tail, 140 grain. I don’t know what magic they put in to the rounds but I can hold .75 inches from my Sig Cross rifle. Very effective on the intended target.

quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
Range no farther than 200 yards shots most likely within 100yards. Suggested bullet weight?

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ballistics about the same as the 6.5x55, which is a bang-flop round on deer in my experience. The Scandinavians have killed untold thousands of moose with it, as well as polar bear. Old wine, new bottles.....

Posts: 1638 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Nosler Ballistic Tip is dirtnap medicine for deer

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I think it would be easy to find a suitable load for deer with the 6.5 Creedmoor. I’d start with a suitable big game bullet that shoots well.

My neighbor loves his Creedmoor, for deer & more.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't hesitate to shoot them with a 100gr Partition. That's my preferred bullet in 243 Win.

Whatever your rifle likes from 100-140.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I haven't shot my 6.5 yet, but bought this ammo to try it out with. I saw some Federal at Walmart for $25 a box I might try also. My shots will be less than 150 yards so figured 129 gr or 140 gr would work fine.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Federal Fusion 140 grainers have worked well for the coupla' friends who have gone to the 6.5 Creedmoor for our smallish Georgia deer, and they have shot well thru a Bergara and Ruger American Predator I had...

Posts: 641 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post