SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    So I got an email from GB about Ammo on sale.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I got an email from GB about Ammo on sale. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Surprisingly when I looked at 556. There was tons of it and prices were mixed. But there are some decent buys. Compared to what all the talk has been regrading outrageous pricing. Yeah, it was high but it is definitely coming down and there is no shortage, that is for sure. Unless something transpires I can see prices dropping incrementally to prices we can all live with.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing more and more ammo on shelves in KY. 9mm Blazer brass is now $29 per box. I stop by Cabelas about once a week at 9 am and get 5 boxes of 9mm for $15 after tax. 5.56 ammo still seems to be around $0.80 per round here. Walmarts here have had as many as 20 bricks of the 325 packs at one time. I saw where Remington's Ammo plant is up and running so hopefully prices come down more.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
I’ve had good luck on GB throughout the shortage of the past year. Recently I got 300 rounds of 75 gr. Hornady TAP 5.56 for $270 shipped and a 1000 rounds of Winchester Ranger-T 9mm with Ammo can for $800. Finally, I just got 50 rounds of Federal 00 buck for $38 shipped. I sold off some old defensive Ammo on GB to find the purchase of new stuff. No shortage of prices that are still ridiculous.

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Cabela's today at 1 pm on a Friday had 50+ boxes of White box 5.56 for $13.99 a box. White box 7.62 was $27.99 that was $23 just a few weeks ago.

5 box limit.

Didn't get anything this trip, but at least they have some ammo mid day.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
KY Gun Co new ad with ammo and AR's Looks like 9mm, 40, 45 acp and 223 in stock.

https://www.kygunco.com/?utm_s...paign=Spring%20Fever

NRA Life Member

Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
9mm getting cheaper.... Now under $25 a box. kentucky gun co
https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=125146

NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
prices finally dropping

market forces in play

i bet a lot of outlets are worried about getting stuck with ammo they ordered high buy now -- or soon -- they cant sell profitably

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
We need supply first then eventually prices will start to come down once the stuff sits on the shelves again.
Given the rising prices of almost all materials and commodities now, I don't think they will get anywhere close to what we were used to a few years ago.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
We need supply first then eventually prices will start to come down once the stuff sits on the shelves again.
Given the rising prices of almost all materials and commodities now, I don't think they will get anywhere close to what we were used to a few years ago.

I agree, I was buying 9MM FMJ for 17 cents/round shipped 18 months ago and those days are gone.

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
And never to be seen again....

Posts: 2162 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
If you have a Rural King by you check out Blazer Aluminum Case 9mm for $14.99 a box. Things are getting better.

NRA Life Member