SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Rimfire handgun you’re particularly happy with edit to add p3 found one
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rimfire handgun you’re particularly happy with edit to add p3 found one Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
My current threaded .22lr pistols are:

Sig P322
Beretta M9A1
Walther PPQ 5"

If I was going to only pick 1, it would be the Beretta. It's accurate and 100% reliable.

My 2nd pick would be the PPQ, also accurate and 100% reliable but I don't shoot it as well as I do the Beretta.

P322 is almost as accurate as the others and I can't say its 100% reliable as it has light strikes with Aguilia ammo.

Here's my Beretta, picked it up used for $225, in box with 2 mags, mint condition.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reedman:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
...Ruger MK 4 Target threaded bull barrel. Finding that model will be difficult.

I have one. It is a Ruger Mark IV Model 40178. I just found quite a few with a google search. Or go to https://ruger.com/products/mar...pecSheets/40178.html and search for a retailer. It is a Sports South Distributor exclusive, so you just need to find an outlet that uses Sports South. Good luck. I love mine.

Thanks for that info. I have a Firefly that needs an adapter and the suppressor will not line up. I ordered the Ruger Model 40178.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Integral suppressor on a mk2 Ruger. P365 9mm with Dead air Odessa 9.

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xring04
posted Hide Post
For a budget plinker I’ve been super impressed with these p17s. Function great and super lightweight.

On the Right.

Posts: 1200 | Location: NE Fl. | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xring04
posted Hide Post

These have all been reliable and tons of fun.

On the Right.

Posts: 1200 | Location: NE Fl. | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I finally got to the range Friday with my new 322 and other than one bad Federal Champion I didn’t have any FTF. I did have a few subsonic rounds that fired but didn’t strip the next round from the mag. I shot half a dozen boxes rounds and another 65-70 that were in a box and apart from their head stamp I’m not sure what they were.

I was just shooting some metal swingers from 15 yards and the RomeoZero Elite made that pretty the easy but the disappointing part was none of the 22’s could swing the targets to the other side.

While the 322 isn’t my favorite, I do like the 20 rnd mags it’s fun, has been reliable and fairly accurate even with my poor eyesight and in my shaky hand (which I probably owe a lot to the optic)!

I’ve seen some complaints but most are positive, I’ve heard negative remarks about the RomeoZero Elite, that it eats batteries but that hasn’t been my experience if you turn it off. There have been complaints that it doesn’t have “shake awake” and to that I say spend another $100 and buy one that does … same with the battery(it requires removing the site to change it). These things aren’t kept secret, read the info on the box if you don’t want to do your research!

I do like my Colts & Rugers, keeping in mind they are stainless and weigh 3X as much. I really like my Beretta 71, but it only holds 7 rounds so I usually default to my 70. My Nelson Custom is great but is also heavy my SiG (GSG) 1911 is great to warm up with also, but heavy and 10 rounds so, I guess I still haven’t found the perfect rimfire to suppress but the 322 is close.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Both from 2002

...but the Axiom is '19

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xring04
posted Hide Post

I had a p22 20 years ago and just never warmed up to it. I had forgotten just how tiny the grip is. My wife has one and I decided to throw a can on it. Suppressed its runs cci standards flawlessly. She loves it.

On the Right.

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't have guessed it, but the only one that has never malfunctioned shooting suppressed it my Ruger SR-22.

Doesn't matter the ammo, it works suppressed, unsuppressed, never fails. Don't have to change a thing in between either.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Thought an update would be nice.

Found a nice used Ruger 22/45 Mark III already fitted with a threaded barrel adapter! Came in about $300 under cost of a new “lite” model. 5 1/2” of unmarred stainless, 3mags, and the box.

I was able to include a Prairie Tactical rimfire can, while staying in the fun budget.

Do I need to be concerned about springs? And for that matter how would I know?

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Threaded barrel adapter???
Did it come factory threaded or aftermarket??
Only Talos Mk3 came with a flash hider.
Need to confirm threads are centric to barrel bore.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Threaded barrel adapter???
Did it come factory threaded or aftermarket??
Only Talos Mk3 came with a flash hider.
Need to confirm threads are centric to barrel bore.
it has a threaded adapter that has been installed in the barrel. 400 rounds tell me it’s been installed correctly. Looks like the fitting you see coming out of a diesel fuel pump

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
So--you are clamping a thread adapter onto the outside of your Mark 3 barrel?
I would advise against an adapter because you cannot consistently confirm barrel alignment to bore alignment. Probability of a baffle strike is high in using this type of device. Screw loosens, barrel heats up, adapter twists = baffle strike.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
No,no, I guess I’m not explaining very well.

The bore of this pistol has been bored tapped and fitted with an adapter. I’ve got no idea what the threads going into the barrel are. The outside threads are 1/2x28.

It’s got a 5” bull barrel so doesn’t lack for material to tap. And being a bull barrel the sight are nicely above the can.

I’ve tried in the past to post pics. But, the Luddite that I am cannot get it right. Maybe it’s my lack of a computer, everything I do must be done by iPad.