SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    E forms: form 4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E forms: form 4 Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Was just reading about this!!

Waiting for my dealer to get me a YHM R9 in for 350L use!

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eforms would be great on form 4 if it cuts wait times like with Form 1. But I looked at at the ATF and I don't see any notice that it will be available? So what's the actual notice above mean...
From the ATF.
Note: The Form 4 is currently not in service pending modifications that will enhance its functionality and improve its performance; as well as incorporate the regulatory requirements imposed by 41F. An implementation date for these changes has not been determined.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10970 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
The ASA put out this press release this week:

https://americansuppressorasso...new-eforms-platform/

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what this means to people like silencer shop.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
More good info…

https://youtu.be/7SmDvZ9z2oI

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting take from Capitol Armory.

https://www.capitolarmory.com/blog/efile.html

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm hoping they actually go live (and functional...fucking eForms Roll Eyes ) around the 18th, because I'll be up in NH and dropping some money on a Mod-9x on the 22nd, so getting it in the spring instead of the fall would be very welcome!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given ATF history I'd bet not a chance on that.

posted Hide Post
I actually have a can on an e-file form4 from 2014, when it was online temporarily.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
interesting what was the wait time of efile versus paper then? Let's hope it comes online again this month and delivers on real reductions in wait times. FWIW silencershop ended up with an ATF problem on something of mine they submitted in Sept. and their recommendation today was to not resubmit it on paper and efile it when available. I'd take that as a good sign they think this will be online soon and work.

posted Hide Post
Turn-around on that one was five-and-a-half months. Closest paper file comparison I have is the previous year, which took ten months. So, it was faster, but not blazing. This is all a damn crap-shoot. Two friends of mine recently e-filed form1s; one came back in a month, but the other guy waited three months. Still better than 8-12 though.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I haven't really been following, but if we buy a suppressor, do we get the info from our dealer and efile the form4? or does our dealer do the form4 when they receive the suppressor?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I got an email from ATF today saying the eForm for Form 4 will be back after the 12/21/2021 system upgrade.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since that ATF announcement has a bunch of new security stuff, how is it possible for a dealer to submit it for you?

posted Hide Post
Even worse the new rules of behavior say eforms is for your personal use. So I don't see how people like silencer shop can file on your behalf. Anybody hear anything on this?

posted Hide Post
AND tonight I tried. nope couldn't login to my eforms account. didn't actually expect success but everything but the login ran fine (like the necessary password reset).
Oh well. maybe next year.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
AND tonight I tried. nope couldn't login to my eforms account. didn't actually expect success but everything but the login ran fine (like the necessary password reset).
Oh well. maybe next year.

It’s likely that the site was slammed with everyone trying to login at the same time when they hear it was live. The site was never good at handling high traffic.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’ve gotten logged in and started a customers form 4. I’m at the spot where you upload the Responsible Persons info (prints, photo, etc). There’s some shitty instructions about the fingerprint card having to be saved as a “EFT” file??? What the hell is that? It gives an error if you try to upload as a jpg or pdf. I had to email atf over it.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EFT is an electronic file format for exchange of fingerprints. I seriously doubt that the ATF is going to accept any other format. Most people who take prints commercially (like background and id companies) are able to give you the prints in that format. I think Silencer shop is able to do so as well but I haven't actually asked them to send me mine, but will as soon as I can get logged in and the holidays are over.