SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Finally...

Form 4 Trust
Check cased 7/2/19
Approved 8/3/20
Stamp in hand 8/17/20

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
Form 4 trust
Submitted 8/27/19
Approved 7/17/20
Picked up 8/18/20

Posts: 1275 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Filed via Silencershop kiosk (individual) on 1/30/20.
Check cashed 2/11.
Approved 7/28.
Got the call and picked it up 8/14.

2nd can also filed on 1/30 (check cashed 2/7) is still pending.

And the 2nd one came in a few days later. Approved 7/29. Got the call yesterday (8/25).

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form 4 trust, single can.

Stamp received 12 August 2020

Total time was 6 months for my rugged can purchased at the silencer shop.

My LGS did have the silencer shop kiosk and that was a fast and easy process to do the fingerprints.

Posts: 96 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
19 days on a form 1 SBR efiled.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
The stamp is mailed to your physical address, correct?

What happens if you move during the waiting period?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
The stamp is mailed to your physical address, correct?

What happens if you move during the waiting period?

Stamp for what? If it’s an eFile Form 1, you just get a stamped .pdf in your approval email, no physical stamp. If it’s a Form 4, and you’re the buyer, it goes to the individual or dealer who the has the NFA item to be transferred to you, and you get the stamp when you go pick it up. The only time you get a stamp physically mailed to you is if you are the one who’s selling your NFA item to someone else.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Dwill104,

Thank you!

That makes sense now. When posters were saying "stamp received" I had thought it meant the stamp was mailed to their home. I would be buying through a SS kiosk.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caribouhunter
posted Hide Post
Form 4 cashed March 4, 2020
Stamp in hand from dealer August 26, 2020. Smile I was not expecting that call so soon.

Still waiting on the Form 4 purchase that was cashed on March 7, 2020. Would like the can for the 450 Bushmaster in time for hunting season.

Posts: 420 | Location: White Lake TWP. - Michigan | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Form 4 trust

Cashed 4/20/2020
Picked up today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: walker77,

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
Check cashed Mar. 4, 2020
Gun store called and asked if I wanted to submit as an Individual or a Trust Sept. 09, 2020

Roll Eyes

When I first filled out the paperwork in December 2019, the gun store employee started the paperwork as an individual which we caught as I was there and corrected by filling out the paperwork as a trust. Evidently he then submitted both applications for the exact same suppressor. The ATF then called the gun store to clarify which was correct which lead to the phone call to me from the store’s new NFA person asking how I wished to proceed. We cleared that up quickly but she then let me know that they had also missed a signature on the Trust version of the form 4 so that was being sent back to the store for corrections. I suppose at least I know that it’s getting processes but sort of irritated at the delay.

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Clearly the NFA guy (or gal) at your LGS hasn't got a clue what they're doing! Roll Eyes

Once the 'Wrong Form' was identified as such, it should have been destroyed....On the Spot! It pays to double check every aspect of any ATF Form prior to submission....In fact, it's HIGHLY recommended! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
B&T TP9 Supressor - Silencer Shop Kiosk

Form 4 Trust (1 responsible party)
Submitted: March 31, 2020
Pending: April 20, 2020
Approved: August 31, 2020
Received: September 19, 2020

172 Days

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man those things are cool with the appropriate can.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
eform 1 on trust today. waiting for cover letter to mail in fingerprints.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
Same...F1 submitted using a Trust Friday night, nothing back yet minus the payment and submission confirmations.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
duh,I'm stupid. I forgot I had this issue last time. The cover letter attachment doesn't show up on my phone. I just logged into my email and found it from Saturday.

mailing off prints tomorrow.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Feb 21 - Silencershop Kiosk/Suppressor Ordered
Mar 05 - Suppressor Received by FFL/DocuSign Signed/Submitted
Mar 19 - App Received/Check Cashed by ATF
Sep 25 - Stamp and Surefire SOCOM RC-2 picked up from dealer.

217 days from start to finish.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vgex,

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Form 4 Trust
Mailed 3/26/19
Approved Sept 17,2020
Recieved Oct 10,2020

3 delays by ATF--1)Claify Responsible party-wait 1 month 2)Clarify caliber on GhostM--wait another month 3)resubmit new fingerprints-wait another month.
Technically-recieved on Sept 7th by ATF--approved 10 days later.

4 cans-Energetic Arms NYX and Vox, Liberty Centurion and Dead Air Ghost45M.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
eForm 1 SBR Trust

submitted 09/19/20.
Fingerprints arrived 09/24/20
Approved 10/12/20 by Trish.

Not minority enough!