SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Fingerprints for Form 1: quick question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fingerprints for Form 1: quick question Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
It's been at least a year since I did my last e-form for an SBR. Have multiple Form 1s I want to send in the next month or two and need a refresher on the fingerprints.

Last time I submitted, I went to Identogo and had my prints done. Sent those to ATF and everything was hunky dory. All my Form 4s have been submitted through Silencer Shop and their kiosk.

I recall that I had ordered a bunch of blank fingerprint cards from ATF for my Form 1, and I brought them to Identogo, but, IIRC, they printed my prints out on their own standard FBI print card.

My question--since I can't find the stack of blank cards, and I suspect I tossed them--is it OK to hand write info like the ORI on the card you're submitting?

Whatever I did last time worked perfectly...I just don't remember what I did. Old age is a bitch.

Since I'm having a helluva time scheduling again with Identogo, I'm thinking of trying my local LE to get prints done.

Should I worry about ordering more blank cards from ATF, which will add at least two weeks to my timetable?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I got cards from the atf and did my own fingerprints. No ori listed or anything and my eform1s have all been approved. My form 4s as well.

I guess I could list my own agency’s ori but I didn’t

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
Oat are you near Allentown

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About an hour away.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I was hoping you were closer i have a set you could use.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
I did my own fingerprints as well. zero issues.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
Last 7 I have done I did my own prints and wrote in the ORI info. No issues.

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silencer Shop
posted Hide Post
If you have submitted your prints at one of our kiosks already, you can call and place an order for a set of your completed prints to be mailed to you.

Or you can order them on our website: https://www.silencershop.com/c...ngerprint-cards.html

Posts: 7 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: November 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silencer Shop:
If you have submitted your prints at one of our kiosks already, you can call and place an order for a set of your completed prints to be mailed to you.

Or you can order them on our website: https://www.silencershop.com/c...ngerprint-cards.html

Excellent. What a time saver. You guys already make the Form 4 process easy, so that's an added bonus for Form 1s.

You're way better than my local government. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
Yes they can have all of the information, including the ORI, handwritten.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a set of my prints from SS. I figured it would be good to have s set with the rest of my paperwork.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post