SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    So I got a "disapproved" on my Eform
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I got a "disapproved" on my Eform Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Referencing the Form 1 submitted in this thread: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0105858/m/9570013484 .

After sending an email to "tech support", they responded 12 days later telling me that there was a problem with my line item. It was a "known glitch". I went back in and redid the line item and the form successfully submitted.

Just got a denial back via email. It says "disapproved". Went to Eforms and looked at the form and there's nothing indicating WHY it was disapproved, but I suspect it has to do with the fuckup on their end with their system. (Seriously, who the fuck responds with, "it's a known glitch". Mad )

So what do I do now if I can't even see why it was disapproved? Unless there's somewhere in the Eforms system that I'm missing which tells you why there was a rejection.

Mind you my last Form 1, submitted just a few weeks before this rejected one, came back in under 2 weeks, so it's not me.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Try calling ATF NFA people at 304-616-4500.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
They should have emailed back your Form 1, look on the very last page. With eforms, there is No second chance like a paper form! No point in calling them, because NO one will ever get back to you !! Figure out what the problem is and resubmit...

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Candyman. I found the attached page.

And, yes, it's their fault. Roll Eyes

They rejected it because it should have said "SIG MCX" in the line item. The very same line item that I initially chose from their dropdown menu. And the one that was "glitched" and wouldn't allow me to submit. So, per the "tech help" instructions, I chose another item from the drop down menu which describes the gun. And the rejected it.

Why the hell do they have pre-populated items in their menu if they're invalid or glitched? Mad

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Why the hell do they have pre-populated items in their menu if they're invalid or glitched? Mad

it's the government... logic doesn't compute, period !

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I had the same happen yesterday. The Mfg. name had 4 choices and each one had different model names for the same firearm. I 'picked' the wrong Mfg. name/model name because none matched what was stamped in the metal of the gun.

After 21 day wait... back to square 1.

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can always manually input the Mfg name/model and attach a photo of what’s stamped on the gun. It will go to a pending research status, but should clear in a couple of days and automatically move to submitted/in progress.

I did this for a LWRC SMG-45, which was a new model not yet in the database at the time. I manually input the model, and attached a photo of the receiver markings, including the S/N. It only took two days for it to clear research and go to submitted, and then the approval came back in about 2 weeks. If you give them a photo, and what you wrote on the form matches exactly what’s in the photo, there should be no issue.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been my understanding the prepopulated stuff is from prior submissions and is not in any way approved/endorsed/condoned/etc. by the ATF. Thus if none match exactly you have to take action like Dwill104 says.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll resubmit when I get some more fingerprint cards, since I assume I'll have to send those again.

The examiner did say what line item I should have chosen to be approved...which is exactly what I tried initially.

Hopefully it won't be "bugged" again and will submit properly. If not, I'll just have to suffer through Dwill's method, even if it means extra time in research.

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
It has been my understanding the prepopulated stuff is from prior submission

That's some iffy logic, right there, if that's what they do. Going to be plenty of errors and typos in that data.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There were most definitely many, many variations on “SIG MCX”…. So idiotic logic may well be a thing.