SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS watches: Orient, Citizen, Seiko, Phoibos, Sharky MM 300 homage ** new watches added and prices dropped**
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS watches: Orient, Citizen, Seiko, Phoibos, Sharky MM 300 homage ** new watches added and prices dropped** Login/Join 
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
The Seiko I bought was better than expected. I am wearing it now. It arrived quickly and was packed very securely. I’d buy anything without fear from Stick!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
BUMPola

Why is the Sharky still showing... Roll Eyes

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slyguy:
BUMPola

Why is the Sharky still showing... Roll Eyes

Sharky has just been price reduced again! Eek Wink

Also a new Phoibos watch was added just now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Phoibos makes great looking watches. I learned of them on this forum and have wanted one ever since. Your knowledge and collection of watches is awesome. One day I will treat myself to a Phoibos. Good luck with your sale, Stickman.

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stupid non watch guy question. That Phobos Proteus Blue, is it easy or simple to swap out the metal bracelet for a NATO style one? I’m not a metal bracelet watch guy so just wondering if it can be done or would it look ridiculous on a divers watch?

Plus, any trade interest or just cash?

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That is not a stupid question at all. That is a VERY good question to ask. It is one I often ask myself before purchasing a watch as I like to swap straps and bracelets often with my watches.

No, it is not a hard thing to do but without proper tools and experience it is easy to scratch the back of the case while attempting to remove the bracelet.

A local mom and pop jewelers will usually charge about $10 to swap a bracelet on a watch they didn’t sell you. If you have established good relationship with your local watch boutique (as I have done with mine) you might even find they will do this for free even on watches you didn’t buy from them.

The Phoibos Proteus is a very versatile watch. I have my sandy dial variant currently on a Steinhart mesh bracelet. They also look good on leather or a NATO strap.

This is a newer (faux aged/weathered case version) but it’s very similar to mine except for the faux patina meant to make it look older than it is.

And on a strap.

Lastly here is my Proteus that I am keeping for now on a Steinhart mesh bracelet. I personally love mesh as it breathes well and this bracelet has a micro adjust clasp you can tighten or loosen with the push of a button as your wrist swells or shrinks throughout the day.

Here it is with the stock bracelet.

I even tried out a black mesh bracelet but this bracelet belongs to another forum member now.

It’s quite the versatile watch when it comes to playing around with straps and bracelets. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Back to the top

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Hello to all. Just a heads up. If you are thinking about adding to your watch collection do not fear anything that Stickman would be selling!!! Excellent watches offered by an exceptional gentleman.

Posts: 4059 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post