SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Justin Case Tactical Knives
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justin Case Tactical Knives Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCT76:
Pale Horse,
I wholeheartedly respect your opinion and it is your right to choose not to buy any product that you don’t want to. The patent on Blade Tech’s Tek-Lok expired in 2019 and now the design is open to whoever wants to manufacture it. If patent infringement is your concern, no worries.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US6145169A/en

Thank you for addressing my concerns. Frankly this makes me happy. In that case, my only comment is that you slightly upgrade the belt clip and charge a little more to cover the cost. As a likely future customer I would gladly pay more for the better item.

I’m addition if you ever get around to figuring out the leather sheath it would be cool to have that as an option, understanding of course that it would come at a premium.

Thank you again for registering and answering these questions. I have edited my posts indicating that you have answered my concerns.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pale Horse,
Much respect my friend. I’ll do some research when I get a chance and see if there is a potential option, as far as the belt attachments, in the future. There are a lot of other issues that I’m currently dealing with that I need to focus my attention on first, like the 400% price increase of steel over the past few months and (spoiler alert) finishing up the design and prototype of our linear lock flipper that we hope to have in production and on the market by December. But, having said that, we are always looking for ways to improve and recommendations by those who buy and use our products doesn’t fall on deaf ears. Take care and I’ll try my best to drop in from time to time.

Posts: 18 | Registered: July 24, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you here Dave! Thanks again for dropping in, and for being so prompt with email replies throughout my purchase. I am liking my M2 a lot!

Posts: 11345 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tigereye313,
No problem my friend, glad the M-2 is serving you well!

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
How come I hear "nobody expects the Spanish inquisition" when I read this LOL...

Let us know when you get your flipper going, like to see it, probably have to get one.

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HRK,

Having knowledge of the Spanish Inquisition skit shows your age my friend…ha! I’ll definitely try to keep you in the loop as to when our flipper will hit the website. I just got the handle and scales to the point that I’m satisfied with it, I’m still going back and forth on the blade design and material. We’ve already machined a few blades for it, just haven’t made a decision yet as to which one (or two) styles that we’re going to put into production. As far as material, D2 or S30V is more than likely what we’ll be going with.

Picture of airborne19822003
posted Hide Post
quote:
HRK,

Having knowledge of the Spanish Inquisition skit shows your age my friend…ha! I’ll definitely try to keep you in the loop as to when our flipper will hit the website. I just got the handle and scales to the point that I’m satisfied with it, I’m still going back and forth on the blade design and material. We’ve already machined a few blades for it, just haven’t made a decision yet as to which one (or two) styles that we’re going to put into production. As far as material, D2 or S30V is more than likely what we’ll be going with.

I vote S30V… just a personal preference…

Thank you for the update and addressing the curiosity of our membership. I believe it was all in a spirit of taking care of each other!

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Posts: 793 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airborne19822003:

Thank you for the update and addressing the curiosity of our membership. I believe it was all in a spirit of taking care of each other!

Speaking only for myself, it definitely was. Unfortunately we live in a time of thieves and hucksters and so we are forced to question everything. I appreciate your understanding and am happy that my questions were answered correctly because I look forward to buying more knives.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
quote:
kho,
Nothing at all wrong with raising questions, I probably would have done the same. Glad you’re happy with the M-2. I’ve always loved Nessmuk blades and the history behind them. The M-2 is my take on what George Sears would have designed if he were alive today. He favored a small fixed blade with a sharp edge and a distinct upward curve in the blade to aid in skinning wild game. I removed the upward curve and pretty much left everything else alone with the design, with the exception of the lanyard hole (I’m just a fan of lanyards on knives). I think ol George would have liked the modern version…I like to think he would have anyway.

I first heard of Nessmuk in a Townsend Whelen book of American hunters. He was a one off, even in his time.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Another bump of this thread, from a very happy customer of both the M-4 and the M-2 Smile

Yuppers, this place takes a lot of one's moolah Wink

Posts: 4915 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by papaac:

I first heard of Nessmuk in a Townsend Whelen book of American hunters.

Have you read "On your own in the wilderness" by him?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Have reconfigured the belt clip bracket for the M-2, to carry behind back with left hand draw.

So far, it's quite comfortable and covers well with an untucked shirt.

Very pleased.

(the M-4 will likely be carried inside something or in the car)

posted Hide Post
Hello all, we hope everyone is doing well! I just wanted to drop in and thank everyone for the support that this forum has shown us, you guys are great! Sorry that it has taken me so long to drop in, but I have been crazy busy lately with the business. I wanted to let you all know that we are still running our free shipping discount code: JCTSHIP4FREE until the first of the year. We also have some big announcements and plans for next year, so stay tuned! Again, thank everyone for your trust and support!

(I had originally posted this to a different thread in the forum but I reposted here just to make sure that EVERYONE was included in knowing my appreciation for you guys).

Dave,
Justin Case Tactical

https://justincasetactical.com/

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I've personally never had a nice knife, most expensive I've bought for myself was a Glock Field Knife (surprisingly that thing is not bad for camping stuff).

Anyhow I wanted a good quality, under 5.5 inch fixed blade (but close to it) and All-American made just cus I wanted to support American business (which basically took away the options from a number of companies)

I ordered the M-4 Tenasi and I have it now, funniest thing is my I showed it to my next door neighbor who happens to like knives but is an older guy not very computer literate.

After my neighbor handled it just for a short while he told me please get him one and immediately handed me 100 dollars.

I had to stop him because he tried to give me more just to go order it.

I tried to get him a M-4 but they're sold out so I got an M-2 and I am really interested in comparing the M-2 and M-4.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Austin228,

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
You're going to be very pleased with both Smile

posted Hide Post
Fudge stripe cookies! Both the M-2 and M-4 are sold out now. But: I look forward to hearing the news of what JCT may bring out in the new year.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Janey J flipper may be of interest to me; but I loved the image with that nice piece hickory in one photo. Got any of those? I need a good piece of wood like that to check my tires with. Wink

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Oh, fiddlesticks!

Shouldn't have opened this thread, again!

That Flipper is already twisting my arm!!! Big Grin

Picture of airborne19822003
posted Hide Post
Glad to see that I am not the only person happy with these knives! Looks like the M-2 and M-4 just came back in stock. They won't last long I bet. I also want a FAFO-1 with D2 steel but they are not available yet.

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Posts: 793 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Just ordered a second M-4 Tenasi. I should be all set knife-wise for a while.