SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Justin Case Tactical Knives
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justin Case Tactical Knives Login/Join 
Picture of airborne19822003
posted Hide Post
Has anyone gotten a Catoosa Camp Knife yet??!! Also, I got an email that said an extra 10% off with code 1776FREEDOM

Let me know thoughts on the Catoosa Camp Knife if anyone has one!

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Posts: 793 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got mine today, but it was a close call.

JIC shipped it in a fairly heavy PAPER envelope and of course, it tore since the knife and box was relatively heavy.

Though the box was badly damaged, the knife was present and unharmed.

The knife and sheath were fine, but, rather than put some carrying method to attach the sheath to the belt on the sheath, it comes with two rubber (maybe polymer) straps which I had to try to put on the sheath. the holes in the straps were too small, and the whole thing involving them was annoying.

So, I used another couple of belt clips I had and put the straps and badly damaged box in the garbage.

I kinda doubt I'll be so quick to buy anymore JIC products, as I was kinda ticked, but we'll see.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shipping a knife that large in an envelope, no thank you.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
I got mine today, but it was a close call.

JIC shipped it in a fairly heavy PAPER envelope and of course, it tore since the knife and box was relatively heavy.

Though the box was badly damaged, the knife was present and unharmed.

The knife and sheath were fine, but, rather than put some carrying method to attach the sheath to the belt on the sheath, it comes with two rubber (maybe polymer) straps which I had to try to put on the sheath. the holes in the straps were too small, and the whole thing involving them was annoying.

So, I used another couple of belt clips I had and put the straps and badly damaged box in the garbage.

I kinda doubt I'll be so quick to buy anymore JIC products, as I was kinda ticked, but we'll see.

Bob

What did Dave say about it? I’d say he will do whatever he can to make it right!

How about the knife itself? I’m thinking it would be great for slicing a brisket or chopping tree branches.

Daniel

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Posts: 793 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never contacted him about this as I don't really care about the box and the knife was fine.

The knife seems fine for just about anything. Their mounting system for the sheath stunk, IMO, but I had another option so I didn't contact them about that, either.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Has it been astablished that these knives are actually made in the USA?
I own one and like it so I'm not questioning the quality just where its actually made.
When I look at their home page and see what appears to be an Asian holding the knife I wonder.
https://justincasetactical.com/

Posts: 4628 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Has it been astablished that these knives are actually made in the USA?
I own one and like it so I'm not questioning the quality just where its actually made.
When I look at their home page and see what appears to be an Asian holding the knife I wonder.
https://justincasetactical.com/

I have personally met Dave, the owner. He lives in SE Tennessee and I know they are manufactured in the USA. What photo are you talking about? Text me a screenshot of it and I’ll send it to Dave. I’d say he can have the person who the photo is of call you! My direct cell is 423-464-OneFourFiveEight.

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
The photo is in the link I already provided.

Posts: 4628 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that the photo you’re referring to on our website is of my 16 year old daughter, she wears her hat backwards but I don’t think that qualifies her as Asian. Again, my knives are completely made in the U.S.A. minus the packaging (boxes) which is 100% made in China. All of the folks in the photos on my website are either family, friends, or customers.

Dave,
Justin Case Tactical

Posts: 18 | Registered: July 24, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post